Chapter 12

Jordan was at the gym giving workout lessons to some of his clients when his phone rang. He looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Olivia calling, he then excused himself to take the call.

"Hello?" Olivia said.

"Hi, Olivia," Jordan replied. Olivia noticed that his breathing was heavy.

"Um. Am I interrupting something?" She asked concerned.

"Not really. I was just giving some workout lessons."

"Oh, I'm sorry for disturbing you. Maybe, I'll call back later."

"No, it's fine. You aren't a bother." Jordan replied.

"Oh, okay...... Um, how do I say this? Okay, I was wondering if you could come over for lunch, that's if you don't mind,"

Jordan was surprised that Olivia was inviting him over for lunch. He honestly wasn't expecting that and she sounded nervous while asking. Why wouldn't she be? After all, they've had a rough relationship, it's not like it was all rainbow and sunshine, that's why he wasn't at all surprised at her nervousness.

"Hello, Jordan are you there?" Jordan was brought out of his thoughts by Olivia's voice.

"Yes, that'll be fine. I'll come over as soon as I'm done here," he replied.

"Okay, I'll be expecting you. Bye"

"Bye," Jordan replied then hung up, going over to continue giving instructions to his clients.

Olivia was finally done with making lunch. She had prepared honey-baked chicken meatloaf with some Salisbury steak because she wasn't sure what exactly he'd prefer. She decided to make the two so he'd pick the one he liked more. After setting the table, Olivia went to the bathroom to take a quick shower because she was all sweaty from staying in the kitchen for too long. When she got out of the bathroom, she went to her closet to pick out what to wear which wasn't an easy task because she kept on contemplating on what dress was better.

Olivia wondered why she was always nervous and cautious about what to wear whenever she wanted to hang out with Jordan. Could it be because he hated her at first?

After minutes of thinking and searching, she ended up picking a multiple-colored striped midi dress. She had very light makeup and poured out her hair instead of wrapping it up in a bun or ponytail.

Olivia was coming downstairs when she heard a knock on the door. She suddenly became nervous knowing that it was Jordan. She took gentle steps towards the door and opened it to see Jordan looking towards the direction of his car. He turned back around as soon as he heard the door open. He was wearing a grey jumper and dark blue jeans and his hair was still slightly wet, like he had just gotten out from the shower.