Chapter 9

It was a Saturday afternoon, and Olivia was having a lazy day after a stressful week. She was in the living room watching a movie while eating popcorn and coke when she heard a knock on her door. She went to get it and to her surprise, Jordan was the person at the door.

"Hi," she shyly greeted, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Hi," he replied.

Olivia stood by the door not knowing the next thing to do. She was still finding it hard to believe that Jordan was standing right in front of her.

"May I?" He asked with a questioning look making Olivia realize that she had been impolite by keeping him at the door.

"Oh, oh, I'm sorry. Come in, p-please."

As soon as he got in, Olivia became even more nervous as she realized that her living room was a mess.

"I'm sorry you had to see this," she apologized taking away the magazines that were previously on the couch.

When she was done, she asked him to take a seat, which he did.

"Um. W-what would you like to drink?"

"Never mind," he replied.

"I just came to check on you."

Olivia was taken aback by his statement. She had no idea how to reply to what he just said so she remained silent.

"So? Are you still in touch with Joseph?"

"Yeah. Once in a while."

"I see."

"You have any plans for tonight?"

Olivia couldn't hide her surprise this time, Jordan kept surprising her with every word that came out of his mouth.

"Y-yeah... I'll be visiting y-your mom tonight," she stammered unsure of her reply.

Jordan looked at her skeptically before finally saying,

"Okay. Maybe next time."

He then stood up to leave and Olivia was glad he didn't want to stay any minute longer than he already has.

"What about next weekend?"

Olivia wasn't sure what he was saying, so she confusedly asked

"Um. W-what about next weekend?"

Jordan was slowly getting irritated by her question but he tried his best not to show it.

"If you don't mind, would you like to hang out?"

Jordan was raking her speechless with each second.

"Um, I..."

Olivia was already shaking on the inside from nervousness. She didn't know what to say and she didn't want him to get irritated by her clumsiness so she said,

"Yes. The n-next weekend would be fine."

Jordan nodded at her reply.

"I'll pick you up at seven."

"Okay," she quietly replied.

He was about to reach for the doorknob when she stopped him.

"Jordan. Um. Thanks for coming to check on me."

He gave her a small smile and it was like snow fell during summer. That was the first time she had ever seen Jordan smile and then she thought maybe trying to get to know him wasn't such a bad idea.

"I'll see you next Saturday," he said then he left.

Olivia let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding. She slumped on her couch and began counting down to the next Saturday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that day, Olivia went to visit Rachel as she said she would.

"Hi, Rachel."

"Hi, honey. How was your week?" Rachel asked coming out of the kitchen to say hello to Olivia.

"Stressful, but fine."

"Can I help you with anything?" Olivia asked.

"Well... I'm making dinner right now, so you can join me if you like."

"Sure."

They both went into the kitchen. Rachel was making mashed potatoes and chicken sauce for dinner.

"Um. Rachel?"

"Yes, honey."

"You're aware of my relationship with Jordan, right?

Rachel stopped what she was doing to give Olivia her complete attention.

"Well... He came over today to check on me... And he also wanted us to hang out but I declined because I was going to visit you today... So, he decided to push it to next weekend." she slowly explained.

Rachel was surprised by what Olivia was telling her.

"He did that?" She asked.

"Yeah. I'm surprised myself."

"I know Joseph told me he had talked to him, but... I honestly don't know what to think right now... I'm scared."

"Oh, honey!"

Rachel calmly exclaimed and went over to Olivia to hug her

"Joseph had no idea it was Jordan all along. He thought I was being bullied by some other jocks and I chose to tell you not only because you're his mother but because I trust you... So, I need your advice on this."

She slowly pulled away from the hug and continued,

"Do you think he is trying to make up for everything? Or..."

"I swear I don't know what to think anymore," Olivia said frustratedly because her thoughts were scattered.

"Well, dear.." Rachel sighed before she continued.

"I have no idea what to think or say to you right now. Yes, it's overwhelming but... I'll warn you to be careful, but at the same time you need to give him a chance. That is the only way you'll know if he's being sincere... But please, tell me everything that goes on between the two of you, okay?"

Olivia nodded and they went back to getting dinner ready.

Olivia said yes to a date with Jordan
Let's hope the date turns out well
Don't forget to vote and comment
Love you