♡ Leif X Suicidal!Reader ~ Self Assassination ♡

Note: HOH BOI, I haven't really written about any suicidal or depressed x readers in quite a while. Feels liks two years. Ever since I got out of my edgy phase. :D So, small trigger warning up ahead for whoever can't handle suicidal thoughts-

- Requested by none -

"H-Hey... Leif?" You started as you sat down next to the daemos on the couch. The blond- almost white- haired male just hummed in response, not even bothering to look at you as he browsed through an account you made for the hot demons guys on your phone. "I'd like to ask a favor of you..."

"Could you... Could you kill me, please?"

Surprised, Leif turned to face you with an unreadable expression before he smiled, fangs showing, and pulled out his weapons. You weren't sure where he kept those two quite big sickles though because he wore his human clothes.

"Sure thing, sweetcheeks. I'm not a former assassin for nothing. Wouldn't be my first time taking someone's life by request", he stated proudly as he pointed one sickle's blade at your throat.

"Good to hear that then..." You gave him a tired yet sad smile before closing your eyes and leaning in towards the blade. However, you didn't get stabbed by the sickle. Confused, you opened your eyes and looked back up at Leif. The former assassin's malicious smile has been turned into a shocked frown.

"W-Wait, hold up- I thought you were joking!"

You tilted your head little, "Why would I be joking about death...?"

Leif's expression saddened as he put his sickle away. "Why would you throw your life away like this? I could understand it during a war, but e-arth doesn't seem to have anything really bad going on. At least from what I've seen so far."

Sighing, he made eye contact with you. He seemed genuinely worried. "Alright, listen. As much as I love to kill, I really don't want to kill you. I don't want to see you being killed either, honestly. We've been on e-arf (how does one spell their pronounciation lul-) for many suns now, and I came to realize that... Maybe killing you off wouldn't be the best idea. Not just because we don't know much about your world, but also... because I kinda got attached... to you."

Now you were surprised. And the former assassin noticed before his face turned slightly red.

"I-I don't mean it like that! J-Just that I see you as a very good friend is all!" He let out a nervous chuckle towards the end.

Giggling, you brought his attention back to you. "Of course you do, totally... Leif, I like you too, maybe more than I should, but... I'm not fit for anything more than a 'very good friend' anyway. I'm not even a strong daemos like you or the others..."

He shook his head, "(Y/N), daemos or human doesn't matter to me anymore after I got to meet you. Believe me when I say I care. And me caring for someone else than the ones I protect is highly unlikely..." The former assassin let out a chuckle. "Heh, well, I mean I guess you are one of the ones I protect." Leif then hugged you, making sure his weapons weren't visible to you so you couldn't try anything else to him or yourself. Mostly yourself.

You were, surprised, to say the least. You've never seen any of the daemos hug anyone or anything during the duration of their stay at your apartment. Well, except for Pierce, but Pierce is a big ol' teddy bear who you could cuddle with anytime you had a hard time sleeping. Yes, yes. Leif was also able to help. However, most of the time he was part of the reason you were kept awake in the first place since he constantly asked you questions about the Internet and your phone. He also poked you just to make sure you were still breathing. How considerate of him, but just, why.

You wrapped your own arms around him, seeking for comfort of which you knew he could give to you. He gently pet your head, a move he's learned from Pierce by observing what you enjoyed in his company.

"Ssshh, it's alright, I'm here for you... Always...", he shushed you.

For the next few weeks, Leif tried to get your mind off depressing things and basically distracted you from your own negative thoughts. He mostly tried his best to make you laugh since it seemed to be the best distraction for depressed people. He'd usually pull small and harmless yet annoying pranks on each of the other daemos while you were watching...

Except for Rhys.

We don't talk about what happened when he pranked Rhys.

It involved fake ice cream.

[Published: 10/10/19]