♡ Husband!Rhys X Pregnant!Reader ~ Family ♡

Note: That was legit the second one-shot idea I had a draft of. Time to finish this bish...

- Requested by none -

A lot has happened and a lot has changed after you met the daemos. You knew when they got the chance to stay behind on Daemos, they'd take it since Prince Asch disliked you and he would rather stay away from you. And thus, after something happened to you all on Daemos, Asch decided it would be the best for everyone if they left earth for good. However, a certain blue-horned former magic user disagreed with the idea of leaving, much to the newly crowned king's confusion. Would not be the first time they had an arguement over what's best for everyone. But their arguement resulted in Rhys following you back to earth.

Lady Grandma was proud of her soul pupil to finally have come to terms with what he himself wanted, and not what his king ordered him to choose. Asch on the other hand reluctant let go of Rhys as basically his right hand man and royal advisor.

You already fell in love with him before you went to Daemos, but he was the one to confess on the day of your return. At this point, Asch and the others left on good terms with earth and were looking forward to visiting you and your soon-to-be husband. Perhaps, some offspring as well...

One human year later, Rhys got (for the most part) used to the human world. Turns out he loved mathematics and physics. Especially since he only knew about magic, so he was thrilled to know that not everything revolves around some kind of magic that is never spoken of by any humans. He started working in a small laboratory because it was the closest to daemos he enjoyed doing.

In the middle of his second year on earth, him and you had gotten engaged, and got married just two months after. Human style. He was excited, and even more nervous than you. But it surprised Rhys when you told him that marriages happened in different themes and could be altered from the standard. No solid rituals were involved except for the vows, the exchange of the rings, and usually the kiss that seals the marriage.

During your honeymoon, you told Rhys the basics of how human anatomy works. Apparently it's pretty much the same as with daemos. Minus the horns and magic as well as enhanced physical abilities. Rhys was the one who came up with the idea of having a child with you, saying that he wouldn't mind a human child either.

As soon as you two had your intimate time together, you already had some morning sickness two days after. He didn't waste any time on researching a pregnant woman's symptoms. Female humans were almost the same as female daemos when carrying a child. However, daemos are born after just four months due to magic being used in their growth. But since he couldn't and wouldn't use magic on you, . And the pregnant females tend to act more aggressive than the other emotions humans switch in between. The males becoming fathers are more protective and vigilant over their lover and their offspring. According to Ava, there is a chance that the baby, or babies, might be too big or facing the wrong way when the day comes, and that the pregnant female has to get a so called c-section, which involved cutting into the woman's abdomen, in order for the baby to come out and survive. Rhys hoped by the gods that you would'nt have to go trough this.

Months later, you found out your child would be male. Your husband was fascinated by the image being projected by scans and actually was close to crying when he saw your baby boy. At first, it was believed that it was a pure human one, but no. During later scans, tiny horns began to show. The blue-horned daemos in human disguise was happy that his child might be more daemos after all. However, the horns worried him. Not only did the doctors question how a human seemingly is being born with something from its head, but pushing out the baby, head first, would be terrible for you.