the shed | chapter 01

"There's nothing like a little rain to bring people together." George Marek

____________________

          Beam stared outside the window with wide eyes. The head hazer just waved back at him. The sound of the engine sound out and he took a last look at the man and smiled to himself. Bye Forth.

            "Beam, did you review the handouts I gave to you yesterday? The exam is tommorow already and we have to get at least a passing score."

            "Don't worry Pha I studied overnight yesterday so rest assured I'll pass na." he smiled at him reassuringly. As the car continued to move he turned his head in the window and noticed that the rain already subsided. Even if he saw it a hundred times already, he was still amazed by looking at the wet streets and buildings reflecting the lights in all directions. The scene is somehow nostalgic to him and he doesn't know why.

            Phana dropped him off in front of his dorm and said he needs to fetch Yo so he said his thanks and waved goodbye. He watched the car go before he went inside the building. He opened the door of his room and went to the bathroom. His body is heavy and his eyes are droppy but he really needs a warm bath now so he forced himself to take a shower.

            After the shower he felt refreshed and awake. He dried his hair and quickly change, he planned to eat outside because he is too tired to cook. He took his keys in the table and went outside. It was still early so finding a place to eat is not that hard.

            He just walked because he felt like taking a cab is just a waste of money since there are many places to eat near his dorm. He was planning to go to his favorite eating place where they serve the best tomyum he ever tasted in his life. They have various hot soups too, perfect for the weather.

            He was busy thinking of what he's gonna order when he noticed that the shop is closed, he felt like his dreams are shattered. He groaned in frustration and sighed heavily. He looked around to find another place to eat when he saw a small stall with a few tables set in the corner. The stall is not that crowded yet so he walked his way there.

            He looked at the menu and decided to order a noodle broth and a bottled water. After paying for it, he sat in the corner and waited for his order. It didn't took a while for his orders to arrive. He uttered his thanks and started to eat. He was surprised at the taste, the noodles are not soggy and the broth is flavorful, he quietly enjoyed his meal when a bowl of noodles was placed in front of him.

            He immediately looked up and met the gaze of a hansome man. He stopped his eating and just stared at the man in awe. Forth?

            "Can I sit here?" he nodded quickly and smiled shyly. The man smiled and sat in front of him. Beam suddenly felt shy so he lowered his head and continued to eat slowly.

            "What a coincidence finding you here Beam. Do you usually eat here?"

            "N-no er I mean my usual place is closed now so I decided to eat here. "How about you F-forth? Do you eat here regularly?" he managed to looked up and raised his brows in question.

            "Nah! I just strolled around with my bike and suddenly found this place. I felt hungry in the way so I decided to stop and eat here." he nodded his head and they continued to eat quietly. After the meal they quickly said there thanks to the owner and then left.

            "Beam wait for me here I'll just get my bike." he looked at Forth confused and was about to ask why when the man quickly left. He decided to wait when a bike stopped in front of him.

            "Let me take you home Beam. I won't take no for an answer, just tell me where your dorm is and I'll drop you there." he was about to protest when Forth put the helmet on his head and strapped it. He was dumbfounded while forth fixed his hair in the helmet and smiled at him.

            Beam was silent the whole ride because he didn't really know what to say. He can smell the intoxicating scent of the man that lingered in his nostrils, manly yet comforting. He tightened his grip on Forth's shoulder and faced straight ahead smiling.

            They arrived in Beam's dorm shortly, he got off quickly and unstrapped the helmet then gave it to Forth, their hands touched the contact sent a static electricity in his body. They just stared at each other unblinking, somehow the world seemed to blur and everything around them starts to fade. They just smiled at each other not breaking the gaze.

            "Thanks Forth so um...see you tomorrow then?" Forth just nodded and started his engine. Beam then waved his hand and waited till the man is out of sight before he got inside the building. He slipped through the lobby happily while humming.

See you tomorrow Forth.

____________________

: thoughts?