Chapter Three

Helena Wayne Competes In National Archery Competition, Wins First Place

Richard Wayne Wins Gold Medal During Floor Routine At Gymnastics Contest, Olympic Future?

Barbara Gordon-Wayne Carries Team To Victory At Academic Decathlon

Timothy Wayne Named Official Heir To Wayne Enterprise, Bad Blood Between Siblings?

Cassandra And Stephanie Wayne Spotted At Selina Kyle's Newest Headquarters, Taking Over The Family Business?

Jason was scrolling through all the articles on the Waynes he could find, save for the bizarre ones that claimed they were a cult of vampires that sold their souls for eternal youth and beauty. He couldn't believe how obsessed Gotham was with his new family.

He also couldn't believe how talented his siblings supposedly were. Tim and Barbara, certified geniuses. Dick and Stephanie, amazing gymnasts who have both been (allegedly) scouted for the Olympics team. Cassandra and Helena, nationally recognized athletes in their respective fields of martial arts and archery.

It made him feel kind of...pathetic, compared to his siblings. Of course, they had the chance to grow and thrive with all these opportunities presented to them from an early age whereas he and Damian led a sheltered life, barely being allowed off the grounds of their estate.

Jason grunted, closing the laptop that came with his room and stood from his bed. He put a shirt on, deciding to go check on Damian, who had been out cold since Cassandra punched him. He walked across the hall to Damian's room, knocking once before cracking the door.

"Damian? Its me, Jay." Jason heard the telltale sound of a sniffle and he instantly bristled, stepping into the room and closing the door behind him. Sometimes, with how old he acts, he forgets just how young his brother is. He made his way in the dark to Damian's bed, taking a seat on the edge. He reached over cautiously, patting Damian and motioning for him to sit next to him. Damian did so, curling into his brother's side. "Want to tell me what's going on?"

Damian sniffled again, rubbing his eyes. "Nothing."

"Bull. Dami, tell me the truth." Jason spoke softly, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Its just...I miss mother. I know, I know. She was a terrorist and not a good person, but she was a good mother. And...I miss her."

Jason sighed, knowing exactly how Damian felt. Despite it only being a few days without their mother, they still ached for her. It was strange, waking up in a foriegn place without the sound of their mother's footsteps coming to wake them up personally.

Damian was right. She may have been a terrible person to the world, but to them, she was the world.

Jason hugged Damian tight to his side, planting a kiss to his temple. "I miss her too, Damian." Jason knew he shouldn't make promises he can't keep, but he couldn't help himself. "We'll see her again, I know it."

Damian looked up, tears in his eyes. He smiled at his brother, hugging him tightly before realizing him. He wiped his eyes with the sleeves of his pajama shirt. "Well, I think that is enough emotion for now. What do you say we go get some breakfast, yeah?"

Jason smirked, ruffling Damian's hair and making the twelve year old whine. "Race you."

The two brothers took off towards the dining room, running past an unfazed Alfred. He was used to his charges running through out the manor, but this was a new sight to him. But not an unwelcomed one. Alfred smiled at their retreating forms as they rounded the corner, going back to his chores with a chuckle.

Jason and Damian entered the dining room at the same time, skidding to a halt as reality once again hit them, that they were not at their home with their mother, but in fact in the Waynes' world now. They blinked at the gathering of their new family, all of whom were mid bite of their omelets.

Cassandra swallowed, standing up from the table. She rounded the corner, approaching Damian with an unreadable expression. He unwittingly flinched when her hand reached towards his face. Cassandra drew back her hand with a small sigh before reaching back out, pressing gently on the bruise on Damian's cheek, the one she caused. She smiled sadly, looking at her younger brother. "I'm...sorry. Please, join us for breakfast."

Damian nodded slowly, making Jason's heart swell with pride. Even just yesterday, his brother would've slapped their sister's hand away and spat more cruel words. He was growing up and that made Jason have a heart filled with mixed feelings.

The trio made their way to the table, Jason and Damian taking the two empty chairs between Dick and Tim. Nobody said a word as the two brothers scooped food onto their plates, everyone just sat in silence until Damian cleared his throat, making anxiety spike in Jason.

"I would like to say something." Damian stood up, eyes scanning the table until they landed on Stephanie. She flinched under his stare, something Damian, admittedly, felt guilty about. "I would like to apologize for my behavior yesterday. I was out of line, and my words were cruel. Especially to you, Stephanie." Stephanie blinked in shock as Damian bowed his head. "If you can forgive me for what I said to you and about you, you would be a kinder soul than me."

Stephanie looked to Cassandra for guidance, but her sister just looked at Damian, letting Steph decide for herself. "Well, er, I...I forgive you Damian. I get it, coming to a new home, filled with unfamiliar people, it's daunting." She smiled when Damian raised his head to look at her. "Thank you and I accept your apology. I hope we can be friends."

Damian nodded slowly, taking his seat. Jason smiled at his little brother, beyond proud of him for taking the high road. The family resumed their breakfast uninterrupted until Bruce cleared his throat. "Damian, Jason. I have a gift for the two of you." Jason raised a brow as Bruce pulled out two brand new smart phones, walking around the table to hand them to his sons. "I already programmed the family's numbers in there. I figured its the least I could do to prepare you for life at Gotham Academy."

Jason swallowed thickly. He forgot about that part of his new life. "When do we start there?"

"Tomorrow. For today, let's focus on getting you two settled in." Selina smiled at the two brothers. "Dick tells me you have an interest in our library?"

Jason smiled shyly, unable to contain his excitement at the thought of all the books at his finger tips. "Yes, I do."

"Good, we shall start there then." Selina turned to her other children, giving them pointed looks. "I presume you all have the day cleared to get to know your brothers, yes?"

"Of course, mom." Helena grinned, turning to look at Jason and Damian. "I wouldn't miss this for the world."

- - -

Author's Note:

So, I need ideas for significant others. Any suggestions would be welcome, doesn't have to be cannon.

Please and thanks!

xx Ang