Chapter Fourteen

Omg its been like a month since I have updated I am so sorry, I have been in a Funk. This is so short and crappy, I am so so so sorry!

The manor doors burst open with Dick and Tim practically dragging Jason inside while the rest of the siblings filed in after them.

Bruce and Selina were at the front door immediately, followed closely by the police. Everyone's eyes widened when they saw the state Jason was in, Bruce immediately running over to help bring Jason to the couch. They set him down on the couch, Bruce kneeling in front of his injured son.

Jason sent him a sad, lopsided smile. "Hiya dad...m'sorry that I yelled at you and ran off, not cool of me." He groaned, holding his head in his hands. "So stupid..."

"No, Jason, you had every right to be upset. I wish you had handled it differently instead of running off, but that is neither here nor there." Bruce pulled himself up to sit next to Jason, pulling him into a hug. "I am just so glad you are safe."

The police cleared their throats, letting the family know they were leaving. Selina walked them to the door and thanked them before returning to the family. She put a hand on Bruce's shoulder, making her fiance look up at her. "We should take him to the hospital."

Bruce nodded, looking over at his other children. "We will be ba-"

"No, we are going with you." Helena left no room for argument, pulling her siblings along to the car.

Bruce sighed, standing up and picking Jason up in his arms, surprised by how easy it was to do so. He carried him to the vehicle and buckled him in, taking a seat next to him while Selina got in after him, Alfred starting the car back up and driving towards the hospital.

The first few minutes were quiet, before Bruce asked Barbara to explain what happened. The oldest Wayne child launched into an explanation, pausing to let Jason chime in with his semi-coherent additions as well, so that Bruce and Selina soon had a pretty good understanding of what had happened to their son.

Jason slumped over, his head resting on Bruce's shoulder. "M'sorry, pops, really am...but Harper, he was so nice...and pretty...just wanted to stay there little longer..."

Bruce raised an eyebrow at this but didn't say anything as they pulled up to the hospital and exited the vehicle, Alfred driving off to park while the Waynes walked into the emergency room. The children, minus Dick and Damian, went to take a seat with Selina while Bruce took Jason with Dick and Damian to the triage to check in. Dick went to help drag Jason and Damian refused to leave his older brother for another second.

The nurse asked a bunch of questions, took Jason's vitals, and gave him a hospital band before sending them back to the waiting room to wait for an available bed. Once they were in a chair, Jason immediately curled back up into Bruce, this time his head on his lap and his feet sprawled out across his unlucky siblings, who only scowled in response.

Bruce grinned softly down at his son, running his fingers gently through his hair for a few moments before they were called into the emergency room. The nurse stopped the group, stating only parents were allowed in. Bruce bristled, about to play his 'do-you-know-who-I-am' card when Cassandra placed a hand on his arm and shook her head.

"Its okay, dad. We'll wait."

"But what about Damian?" He nodded at his youngest.

Damian looked pained, staring at Jason while they loaded him on a stretcher. "I'll be fine, this is about Jason and what is best for him. Just...keep us updated, okay?"

Bruce nodded, following after the nurse and Jason as they wheeled Jason into the department and brought him into an exam room to run some tests. Bruce watched as the doctor shined a flash light in Jason's eyes and asked him a series of questions before repeating the series of questions in a different order. He then asked Bruce to stay put while he wheeled him off to do a brain scan, coming back a little while later.

"The results should take a few minutes and I will go over them with you. ang tight, I will be right back." The doctor smiled, exiting the room and leaving Bruce alone with a dazed looking Jason.

Bruce fired off a few texts to his children, Selina, and Alfred to let them know what was happening before he heard a small chuckle from Jason. He looked up to see a loopy smile on his son's face. "What is it, Jason?"

"Mother would hate to see me here." Bruce furrowed his eyebrow, about to ask why when Jason elaborated. "She would think it to be weak, pathetic. She would tell me to 'warrior up' and to get over it. In fact, I think I have had a concussion before, when I fell down the stairs when I was like...six? Yeah. Mother gave me some ice and told me to stop crying. You know, I used to think she was a good mother, and then I came here and saw how Selina treats her children and realized what an actual good mother is like. Nothing like Talia. Selina is kind, attentive, loving, gentle...I wish she were my mom."

Bruce froze, unsure of what to do. Jason literally just ran away after having a melt down over his mother and now he was saying he wishes Selina was his mother? This was...this was beyond Bruce. Just what had Talia down to him to make him this way?

Bruce sighed, taking Jason's hand in his own. "Jason, Selina thinks of you as her own, you know."

Jason let out a soft breath, his eyes getting glassy. He mumbled something unintelligible right as the doctor walked in with the scan results.

"Well, Mr. Wayne, your son is most definitely concussed, and has multiple bruised ribs. I am prescribing pain killers and bed rest for the next ten days. He must also see a concussion specialist. Here is a list of recommendations. Call us if his condition worsens." The doctor handed Bruce a bunch of papers. "You are free to go!"

Bruce helped Jason up and walked him out of the emergency room to the rest of the family, all of them flocking over to help their injured loved one to the car and to fuss over him on the car ride home.

And Jason would never admit it, but it warmed his heart just a tiny bit to see how worried they were.