Chapter Seven

Author's Note: Enjoy this cute picture of Helena and Damian I found on Pinterest.

"How was school?"

Jason was a bit shocked to see his father in the driver's seat of the car instead of Alfred, fumbling a bit with the buckle in his confusion. "It was okay. Where's Alfred?"

"Picking Selina up." Bruce greeted each of his children as they entered the car, turning it on once all of the children were accounted for. "So, I wanted to talk with you all..." Barbara and Dick let out groans, eliciting chuckles from their father. "What? I haven't even said anything yet!"

"You're going to tell us a gala is coming up, aren't you? That's what one of these 'talks' always are." Barbara grumbled, crossing her arms over her chest.

Jason and Damian exchanged a look. They had heard the infamous galas mentioned on their first day living with their family, they just thought they would have more time to prepare before they were thrust into the swing of things. Jason definitely wasn't ready for whatever a gala was and he doubted Damian was, either.

Bruce just smirked into the rearview mirror. "You know me so well."

"I am your oldest."

"Anyways, the gala is to be held Saturday-"

"What? I don't even have a dress! Dad! You need to give us more of a heads up for this kind of thing." Helena complained, a look of dread on her face. "What am I going to wear?"

Bruce gave her a look in the mirror before continuing. "Anyways, as I was saying, the gala is this Saturday. It is being held in honor of the retiring of the mayor. We are all expected to attend. Yes, even you two."

"Does the public even know about them?" Stephanie asked, jerking her thumb in the direction of Jason and Damian.

"The news did leak, I believe it was one of the S.W.A.T. agents that brought them to us, though I cannot confirm this. The gala will be our way of showing the public that we are a united front, that we stick together."

Jason leaned over to Cass. "Is he always this cheesy?"

"Like cheddar."

"Damn."

"I know."

"Now would be a good time to say I'm lactose intolerant, right?"

Dick snorted, trying to cover it up with a cough but failing as he broke into a fit of giggles. "Lactose intolerant. Ha. That's hilarious. 'Cause dad is cheddar, get it? Get it? Ge-"

"We get it, Dick!" Tim snapped, tossing his shoe at his brother.

"I'm keeping this."

"Give me my shoe, you assho-"

"Well, don't throw it at me next time."

"I'm going to throw hands if you don't give it back."

Damian looked at Jason with an amused smirk, watching their bickering brothers as the car pulled up their long driveway. Bruce just let out an exhausted sigh, opting to ignore his sons as they leapt out of the car once it parked, Tim with one shoe on as Dick ran full speed into the house with his other shoe in hand, their back packs forgotten in the car.

Steph sighed dramatically, pulling her phone out and opening Snapchat. She started filming, aiming the camera at the house as she entered and narrated. "Just a day in the life of the Waynes. Cue screaming in three...two...one-"

"Dad!" Dick and Tim yelled at the same time after a crash sounded out in the mansion.

"Boys! Cut it out!" Bruce yelled half heartedly in the general direction of the yelling, carrying Dick and Tim's discarded back packs.

Jason looked to Helena for answers but she was already walking off, phone in hand. He turned to his other side, looking for either Steph or Cassandra but they were nowhere to be found and neither was Barbara, so he just shrugged and headed up to his room, content to do homework until he was called down for dinner.

Or that was his plan, anyways.

Jason was about two thirds of his way through his homework when he heard a knock on his door. He went to go answer it, barely having opened the door when Barbara barged in with Tim. "See? Told you he wasn't busy."

"I was actually doing homework."

Barbara and Tim blinked at Jason in unison. "Like I said, you're not busy." Jason rolled his eyes but nodded for them to continue.

Barbara took a seat on Jason's bed, sprawling out on her stomach and resting her head in her hands. Tim sat on the floor, head next to Barbara's. "We have come to the startling discovery that you have no social media presence. That needs to change, ASAP."

It was Jason's turn to blink in shock. "You are surprised that Dami and I don't have social media? We grew up thinking our father was dead and completely cut off from the rest of the world, of course we don't have social media."

"You know what, you bring up a solid argument." Tim smirked. "But nevertheless, you need to have a social media presence. Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram Tumblr...come on, gimme your phone."

Jason sat down on the floor next to Tim, unlocking his phone and handing it to his brother. He watched as Tim downloaded the aforementioned apps before handing the phone to Barbara. "What do you want your name to be? Jason Wayne? Jason Al Ghul-Wayne? Jay? Come on, give me something."

Jason thought about it before shrugging. "Keep my name. I am who I am."

Tim let out a low whistle. "Deep." He snickered. "Now, usernames to be? Do you want it to be uniform across the board or do you want to change it up?"

"Let's try to keep it uniform, but if it is taken on one site we will tweak it." Barbara suggested, typing in a name before showing it to Jason. "What do you think?"

"Why 'Jaybird'?" Jason scrunched his eyebrows in confusion.

Barbara shrugged. "It was available on all the platforms, plus it fits you. Do you not like it?"

"No, its fine. Thanks guys."

Tim smiled. "Of course, what are siblings for?"

Siblings. Jason was still getting used to the pluralization of that word.

And the feelings it brought up.