Chapter Thirty Seven

Can y'all believe we are about 10 updates from the end?? I honestly didn't expect for this book to make it this far, but I have the rest of it planned out and depending on how I execute it, we are looking at the book being around 45-50 chapters plus an epilogue.

ALSO PLS DON'T KILL ME!!!

Anyways, y'all came here to read some drama, so I shall try to deliver.

"You're planning to do what?!" Roy sighed dramatically. "There is no talking you out of this, is there? Especially since you have your siblings backing."

Jason chuckled, squeezing Roy's hand. "Nope, this plan is set in stone. We already have our parents blessing too."

"You have your parents backing too?! Oh, geez..." Roy shook his head, smiling at his boyfriend. "What am I going to do with you?"

Jason shrugged. "I can think of a few things..."

Roy smirked, kissing Jason's nose. "We're at school, save that for later."

Jason chuckled. "Naughty boy, I was thinking of you helping me with our plan."

"Sure you were, Jaybird, sure you were." Roy winked. "Come on, classes start soon. We can't be ruining your perfect record, now can we?"

Jason scoffed. "I missed two months of school thanks to Talia, I no longer have a perfect record."

"It was a joke, Jay." Roy slipped his hand into Jason's, pulling him away from the back of the high school and towards the front.

"Try making it funny then."

"Ouch, you wound me." Jason rolled his eyes lovingly, pecking Roy's cheek.

"Let me make you feel better. Say, tonight? My place?"

Roy squeezed Jason's hand before taking his hand back. "Its a date. I'll see you later."

Jason watched Roy walk away, his heart hurting when he realized how close he was to losing Roy because he was pushing everyone away.

Jason was still stuck on what to do after he took down Ra's. He wasn't sure if he could just slip into a normal life like Damian had, he wasn't sure if he was built for that. He wasn't sure he deserved that after deliberately bringing Ra's into their lives after he was leaving them alone. But now that he knew Ra's was playing Damian and him, he had more conviction than ever about this mission. It was just the what to do about himself part that has him at a loss for answers.

All he knew was that Ra's al Ghul had to be taken down, no matter the cost.

- - -

"Damian? Are you okay?" Dick asked, stopping to peak his head in the youngest's room. "You look...pinched."

Damian grunted in response. "They've been in there for hours."

Dick furrowed his brow. "What are you talking about?"

"Jason and Roy. They came home from school together and went straight to Jason's room, locking the door. They've been in there ever since." Damian scowled.

Dick blew out a raspberry. "Damian, they're teenagers in a relationship. This is what happens."

"What if Roy is working with Ra's?" Damian spat.

Dick had to laugh at that. "Damian, do you hear how absurd that sounds? Roy? Working for your grandfather? I've known Roy since Oliver first brought him into his house five years ago, there is no way he is working with Ra's. I mean, Ra's would have to be playing a really long game in order to plant Roy in the outskirts of our lives on the off chance that Jason might meet him."

"Unless he was behind Talia getting captured and us being sent to live here, thus forcing Jason and Roy to meet." Damian raised a brow.

"Why would Ra's go through all that trouble just for Jason to meet Roy? It doesn't make sense."

Damian was silent for a moment and Dick thought he had talked him out of his ludicrous thought, that is, until Damian spoke again. "For Roy to break Jason's heart and trust, ruining his image on humanity and pushing him onto Ra's side." Damian looked up at Dick. "Roy could've been the first me. And by that, I mean he could be who Ra's wanted Jason to have as a first kill, to symbolize him getting rid of 'weaknesses' such as love."

Dick stared at Damian with wide eyes. "You've really thought this through, haven't you?"

"Yes."

"What makes you think Roy is working for Ra's? This came completely out of left field."

Damian narrowed his eyes. "He stinks of Ra's. And I'd know that stench anywhere."

"He's been nothing but good to Jason since getting together with him, why are you so insistent that he is working with Ra's?" Damian didn't say anything as he reached into his hoodie pocket, pulling out a phone. He handed it to Dick. "Damian? Is this Roy's?"

Damian nodded. "It was sitting, unlocked, in the back seat of the car. Sue me for snooping a bit to figure out who's phone it was."

Dick looked down at the phone, guilt eating at his stomach as he scrolled through the call logs. "What is this number?"

Damian closed his eyes and pulled out his own cell phone, showing Dick his call log. "Who else would call both Roy and I but Ra's? And only minutes apart?"

Dick felt his stomach turn to stone. "So, what do we do about this? Do we tell Jason?"

Damian's eyes snapped open. "No! It will tear his heart out!"

"Damian, he has a right to know."

"And he will know, after we take down Ra's. If he finds out before Ra's is taken down, then who knows how it could play out?"

"Damian...you don't think Jason would actually work with Ra's, do you?"

Damian sucked in a sharp breath. "No, Dick, I fear something worse. Something far worse." His mind went to the burned note he found in the fire place, the one Jason tried to play off as a therapy exercise. "And this would be exactly the thing to send Jason over the edge."

"So, what do we do then?"

"We play dumb. Act as if we didn't find anything out, wait to see if Roy reveals himself."

"And if he doesn't?"

"Then we take him down with Ra's."