Spooky Scary (Skeleton)

Jason slowly crept through the graveyard, nervously holding his axe.

The adventurers in the town laughed at him when he brought up that he thought the cemetery was haunted by something.

"That place is right by the Order's church! There's no way in hell a monster would be able to survive right there." One told him.

Well, he definitely saw something with glowing red eyes moving in the graveyard two nights ago, so now he's gonna prove it.

He tripped over something and fell to the ground.

He slowly got to his feet, he had cut his knee on something... damn it.

Jason looked around and saw bones lying on the ground.

"Well shit..." he murmured. Either an animal dug these up, or a monster came through and tried to grab them. Though what use would a monster have for a pile of bones? And how has the Order not found and reburied these?

He nervously began moving again, his cut bled a little bit, but it wasn't too bad, and continued exploring.

Jason could swear he felt something watching him, but every time he turned around, there was nothing.

"Hey! You there!" A voice called out.

He turned to see an Order guard walking towards him.

"What're you doing out here late at night?" The guard asked.

"Well sir, I thought I saw something moving in the graveyard, and I came to investigate-"

"Most likely it was one of us on patrol. Leave the investigation to us. Go home now, get some sleep." The soldier said, gesturing for him to leave.

"...okay then." Jason mumbled, turning around.

"If there's really something here, trust us. We can handle it." The soldier called out to him as Jason walked away.

As Jason was about to leave the cemetery, he felt two cold hands wrap around his ankle, trying to pull him back.

He almost screamed, but the most he let out was a short shriek, and slowly turned around.

Two bony hands were holding him there, and more bones were slowly rolling towards him.

"What the fuck..." Jason whispered, and he kicked the hands off of him.

They came off rather easily, falling into the pile of bones that were rolling towards him.

However that didn't stop them from leaping back at him, this time grabbing onto his shoulders.

Eventually the bones began attaching themselves together, up until the skull hopped onto the head.

A glowing purple light began to shine inside the ribcage, and consumed the skeleton.

When the light faded away, it revealed a monster. Her arms and legs were still bone, but the rest of her body looked... well, not bone. Her 'skin' was a pale purplish color, and her eyes were bright red. Half of her face looked like a woman, and her right side looked more like a skull. Bones ran down through her body, the ribcage wrapped around her stomach and her spine slightly jutted out from the middle of her breasts. Long white hair hung below her shoulders.

Jason swung his axe at her, hoping to strike her down.

She grabbed the axe and tried to pull it out of his hand.

It didn't really work, considering she has literally no muscles whatsoever, and he pulled it back and swung at her, decapitating her.

Her body crumbled and fell, turning back into a pile of bones, and he sighed. Surely that was it, right?