Chapter 1

"Time for work, again!" I mumbled, smashing my alarm clock on the floor. I worked at Starbucks as a barista for about a month now. I hated the job, I couldn't afford to quit since I just moved out of my parents house and bought another. My house was three thousand pounds, leaving me with a payable dept of one hundred pounds.

I got out of the shower and got dressed. I left without eating because my stupid boss made a comment about my weight. I hated working at Starbucks. I hated how the Co-workers tried to be my friends, I hated coffee and the whole place smelt of it. I started my shift, it was now 10:27 in the morning.

A man walked in to the cafe, I found that this man looked familiar. I walked over."Hello I'm Jessica, what would you like to ord-" I stopped, realising who it was."Lazarbeam, Lannan Eacott is in my Starbucks!" I resumed looking shocked."I know it's early, I know you just want some coffee but-"Lannan cuts me off."Take a picture with you, Sure!" Lannan says. I gave Lannan my phone and he took a picture."Jessica, I will see you in my office now please."The boss shouted from the counter. I walked over to the bosses office as I mouthed over to lannan"Sorry."

"Why do you have your phone out in the workplace, you know you're only allowed it on your break."The boss says."Listen, Mark, I know you're mad but I won't use it aga-" Mark cuts me off."THIS HAS HAPPENED ON MORE THAN ONE OCCASION JESSICA. YOUR FIRED!" Mark shouted. I hand in my apron and march out of the cafe crying. Lannan runs out to see me on the bench outside, dropping tears from each eye."I'm sorry I got you fired, If I can do anything-" I cut him off."It's not your fault, I knew I shouldn't have had my phone out and I have paid the price." I tell him, sitting up and wiping my eyes.

Lannan goes in for a hug. He pulls back after he feels me jump."No carry on, if you want to." I mumbled under my breath. As Lannan hugs me I place my head on his shoulder."Look, if you want to talk sometime I can give you my number, just don't leak it."Lannan tells me. I give him my phone again and he puts in his number.

CHANGED FROM 'UNKNOWN' TO 'Lannan💝'

"What's with the heart?" I ask, blushing at him."I mean you are a bloody legend by heart, and a hot one too!" Lannan says as he placed his hand on my thigh. I liked the feel of his hand on my leg. His hand was soft and gentle."What about we hang out now, I mean I don't have work?" I ask, breaking the silence. Lannan nods his head and we start walking to the car.

We got in and Lannan started the car. The radio was on bluetooth."Would you like to listen to some of your favourite music?" Lannan asks. I nod my head and Lannan takes my phone. A minute later everything was set up."Wow, you listen to rock music?" Lannan asks me as he breaks out a smile."It's a type of music I understand." I say, turning the music down."It releases me. I feel like I'm someone else: A carefree girl. A happy girl or a girl who isn't depressed about her weight." I tell Lannan, adding a deadpan face."Ok, let's go to my place." Lannan said, breaking a silence.