7

I woke up a little earlier than expected and saw that even Alucard was still asleep. He looked better, the tears had dried up and I noticed that some of it had stained my night gown, specks of red amongst a white background.

I had never seen him so afraid before. It worried me and it scared me how even a strong person like him could be plagued by nightmares. It made me wonder what had happened to him in the past that was so horrifying that it continued to haunt him to this day.

He mumbled and shifted as he slowly started to wake up. "Ellah..." he whispered, opening one crimson eye. "I'm sorry, did I wake you?" he shook his head and breathed in my scent. He had always said that my scent calmed him.

"What happened to your clothes?" he asked, his voice deep and husky from just waking up. I bit my lip and wondered if I should tell him or not but decided that he would find out either way. He could read my mind. "Y-you were crying in your sleep. You were crying tears of blood s-so I...I hugged your head and sang you a song to calm you down. S-sorry...s-should I h-have woken you up?"

He pulled me down and kissed my forehead. "Thank you...It was just a nightmare but I'm alright now, thanks to you." he whispered as he hugged me tighter. "Sing for me again, please" he whispered as he nuzzled my hair.

"O-okay"

<><><>

"Ellah...please wake up Ms. Victoria. We will be starting her training today" Walter said and I nodded. Alucard let out a huff in annoyance. "The police girl should be able to wake herself up. There is no need to trouble Ellah with such an inconvenient task" he mumbled. "No...it is quite alright. I understand that all of this might seem strange to her so I'd be happy to wake her up" I said as I skipped off to the sub-basement level. I had remembered what room she was in and memorized the lay-out beforehand so that I wouldn't get lost. I have to take this task seriously, it was a direct order from Sir Integra after all.

I knocked on her door and when I didn't hear anything. I slowly opened it to find a bed with a lid on it. I was confused for a second, I was sure that her bed did not have a lid on it. Then I heard her voice and the banging of hands against wood. She was stuck.

I giggled before I pressed a button to lift the lid. "Goodmorning, Ms. Victoria" I greeted her. Her eyes were wide when I saw her. "May I ask, how did you fall victim to the bed?" I chuckled as I helped her up. "The lid...i-it just suddenly...moved" she said shyly.

"Oh, strange. My bed never did that before when I was human. Why not try sleeping in a coffin?" I asked her and she shook her head. "I-it makes me feel strange" she said with a sad look. I guess not everyone could accept this as easily as I could.

"Don't worry...if you ever need someone to talk to, I am always here for you" I said with a gentle smile. "T-thank you..."

"I was wondering what was taking so long..." Alucard said, phasing out of the wall. "She was trapped in the bed. Literally" I said to him as he pulled me up to my feet. His hand lingered around my waist as he nuzzled my cheek. He's been like this since yesterday when he got a nightmare.

I giggled as he smiled and twirled me around. "Ehem" Ms. Victoria cleared her throat and we stopped and turned to her. I felt my cheeks heat up. I almost forgot about my mission.

"Right...I was told that we will be starting your training today. So why don't you get dressed and I will show you where the training ground is" I said to her and she nodded. Me and Alucard left the room so she could get changed.

"Are you...happy?" he suddenly asked, leaning on the wall with his arms crossed. "Of course, why wouldn't I be?" I replied with a smile, meeting his gaze. "Aren't you going to ask me why I turned her?" he asked again, his eyes looked agitated for some reason. "You had your reasons. She is a bright girl, it would have been a waste to just let her die. You saved her, just like how you saved me-"

"It is not the same!" he suddenly exclaimed as he grabbed my hand and wrapped his other arm around my waist. "I felt...responsible for her death but with you, I didn't want to lose you...I didn't want you to die...I...I treasure you, Ellah. You are the most important person in my life" his voice was small, barely above a whisper. It was like he wanted only me to hear it. My heart skipped a beat at those words. There it was again, I felt butterflies fluttering in my stomach. He was the only one who could make me feel this way.

I cupped his cheek and smiled softly at him. "I know...I know..." I whispered as I stroked his cheek and stood on my tippy toes, pulling his head down so I could kiss his forehead. "And you are mine..." I whispered back, resting my forehead against his. He pulled his head back then as he wrapped his arms around my waist, his face kept inching closer and I found myself moving closer as well. His eyes were focused on me and me alone. They shined the way they always did when he was happy. I could hear my own heartbeat drumming in my ears. It was so loud that I knew he could hear it too.

"Ellah..." he whispered my name and I slowly closed my eyes as he cupped my cheeks with his hands. I could feel his breath on the tip of my nose. I knew that vampires no longer had beating hearts but what I was feeling was akin to that of a humans heart. My heart was racing and I didn't know why. His scent seemed stronger than ever and I had always liked his scent just like how he liked mine.

"Uhm...excuse me" that voice spooked me and made me jump so high that I nearly hit my head on the low ceilings. "Ms. Victoria. Are you ready?" I hurriedly asked as I tried to compose myself. What was I expecting to happen? What was that feeling?

"Y-yes..."

"Good...now let's get started"