13

"Ellah...let's get married"

I was so surprised that I didn't know what to say. I even thought that I had misheard him. "W-what?" I muttered like an idiot.

"Let's get married. I know that it is a pointless ritual for us but I want to swear my life to you. I want the world to know that you are my wife and I want to make sure that nothing will tear us apart ever again. I want us to be together forever. So...will you marry me?" he explained before asking the question while he gently took the hand that held the ruby ring he had previously given to me in his and I felt my heart melt. I nodded my head so fast that it felt like the room was spinning. "Yes...I would love to marry you!" I exclaimed as tears of joy fell from my eyes.

"I love you, Ellah. I love you so much"

"I love you too, Alucard"

<><><>

We had waited until everything in the organization was settled before breaking the news to everyone. Needless to say, it didn't come as a surprise to them. They even wondered why we hadn't decided to get married sooner. Seras, especially, cried tears of joy when she had heard the news. By that time we had already adopted her as our own and the sudden engagement sent her over the edge with joy.

It took a week for everything to be prepared, even though we had decided to have a small ceremony in the garden with all of Hellsing as the guests, sir Integra insisted on sprucing up the place for our ceremony. Walter had volunteered to be the wedding officiant because apparently, he had a license for it which none of us was aware of. He even told us the story of why he got it. It was so that he could be the officiant when sir Integra finally decided to get married. Frankly, it was hard to imagine sir Integra wearing a wedding dress, she had always worn suits. It would be nice to see her wear one though.

After everything was settled, the day of the ceremony had finally arrived. I felt nervous and fidgeted with my engagement ring a couple of times before sir Integra arrived to escort me to the garden. It wasn't the conventional type of wedding, of course, since we were both not human but I still wore a white dress and walked down the aisle while the music played. I wore a veil as well and held a bouquet of red roses in my hands.

When my eyes laid on the man I was to marry at the end of the aisle, I couldn't hold back the joy I felt. It was the first time I had seen Alucard in white and it may be the last. I giggled when I saw his eye twitch. It was clear that he didn't like white but it was sweet that he still wore it for our wedding.

I had finally reached the end of the aisle and while Walter was saying his opening remarks, I was trying not to laugh at Alucard. He really didn't like white. "Just bear with it for a little longer" I whispered to him and he smirked. "I would do anything for you. I may not like white but it looks ravishing on you. You should wear it more often" he teased and I giggled.

Once Walter was done with his speech, it was time for our vows. "Ellah...I've loved you since the moment I laid my eyes on you. You were such a fragile-looking creature and yet you didn't shy away from me out of fear. That was when I knew that I had fallen in love with you. The day you were attacked, I thought I had lost you forever and even to this day I still wonder if I had done the right thing by turning you into a vampire, by giving you my curse, but I do not regret turning you because you are alive and by my side today. Now, we will be together forever. I promise that I will love you, cherish you, and devote myself entirely to you for the rest of our lives together" he spoke his vows calmly as he held my hand gently before slipping the ring on my finger.

Now, it was my turn. "Alucard...before I had met you, I saw only darkness, and I was stuck in my own little world where I thought I would never be able to escape from but you changed that. You rescued me and showed me a world I would have never been able to see if it weren't for you. I was able to cope with no longer being human because I had you by my side to guide me and help me through it. I was so scared when I thought that you had been killed. I felt a piece of me crumble away at seeing your eyes devoid of life. I thought I had lost you forever without even letting you know what I truly felt about you but you miraculously returned to me and gave me a chance to tell you that I loved you. I love you, Alucard, and I promise that I will love you, cherish you, and devote myself entirely to you for the rest of our lives together" my smile reached from ear to ear as I slipped the ring on his finger.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride!" Walter announced and Alucard wasted no effort as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me in for a deep, passionate kiss. I could hear everyone cheering for us but they were a blur compared to the pounding of my heartbeat in my ears.

He pulled back a few minutes later and swept me off my feet, smirking as he stared at me. I knew what that look in his eyes meant.

"You have no idea how long I have been waiting for this. The night is finally ours and this night will be filled with howls of pleasure" he whispered in my ear before he nuzzled my neck. I shivered at the deep sound of his voice and felt my cheeks flush out of embarrassment. I definitely knew what that meant.

This was going to be a long night but it will be a night to remember.