12

"We'll protect sir Integra" Walter suddenly said, I knew what he was trying to say and I was tempted to just run off without even confirming.

"Are you sure?" I asked them both and they nodded with a soft smile.

"Go to him, I know you want to see him. I'm sure you have missed him as much as he has missed you"

I couldn't hold back the smile forming on my lips as I whispered a soft thank you before running off to find Alucard. I had missed him and I wanted to see him as soon as I had woken up but due to certain circumstances, I was unable to do so. I wanted to tell him how I felt. I wanted to see him so much that I could feel my heart being pulled to him. I felt something break out of the skin of my back and I was soaring through the halls in an instant. Then, I saw the hole in the wall where the mirror once stood and I swooped in, floating down the steps slowly.

I could smell the blood in the air, there was a lot of it but only a bit of it belonged to Alucard. Clearly, the person who had challenged him had received more damage than he had done. I felt my heartbeat quicken and that was when I knew that I was getting closer to him. I had reached the main floor when I saw a blonde-haired vampire crawling towards the stairs, he was trying to escape. He looked up at me with fear in his eyes that turned into hope when he saw my white wings. "An angel...have you come to save me?" he said, nearly in tears.

He wasn't the man I was looking for but Alucard's presence was close. Although I knew that he was an enemy, I felt pity for him. He had been played with like how a predator played with its prey before dealing the finishing blow. I did not approve of his methods but that was why I was determined to stay by his side. I knew that this was something he only did because he believed himself to be a monster. He needed someone to tame the monster within him and I believed with all of my heart that I could do it. That was why I was given these wings.

"No, dear. I'm no angel but...I will save you..." I whispered before I unsheathed my swords and finished him off quickly with one blow. I knew that he was going somewhere far worse than here but at least he met a quick end.

His body was soon swallowed up by Alucard's familiars before retreating into the darkness. I let my feet touch the floor as I furled my wings, my shoes pitter-pattering against the rocky ground as I walked deeper into the darkroom. "Alucard?" I called but my voice bounced off the walls causing it to echo as if the room were empty. There was a chair sitting in the middle of the room as well as a table next to it with a bottle of wine and a wine glass half-filled with the crimson liquid. "Alucard?" I called again but there was still no reply.

Then I heard soft barking and saw Harkan running up to me with his tail wagging wildly. "Harkan! Where is your master? Where is Alucard?" I asked and he whined before he licked my nose and walked off. He was telling me to follow him. I began to worry as I followed after him. I was confident that he wasn't physically injured but I've been with Alucard long enough to know that physical injuries weren't the only things I had to worry about.

Harkan stopped in front of a large black mass before melting into it. "Alucard?" I called and the mass twitched and began to cave in on itself until it formed into a person with his back leaning on the wall.

I smiled softly as I kneeled to his level and caressed his cheek gently. He leaned into my touch before placing his hand over mine. There was sorrow in his eyes as he stared into mine. Then, they widened once they saw my wings peeping from behind me. "Ellah..." he whispered my name before he pulled me into his embrace. I could feel his arms roaming around my back as if to check if my wings were real, I felt him relax, satisfied that they were real before he wrapped his arms around me, my head resting against his chest. "Thank goodness...are you hurt anywhere?" he whispered and I shook my head before burying my face against his chest. My heart was beating so fast that I couldn't think of anything to say.

"Did anyone touch you?" he asked, trying his best to remain calm and I shook my head again. I heard him let out a relieved sigh as he kissed the top of my head gently. Then, he held my chin in between his fingers before making me look at him. "When I had heard that boy talking about what he would do to you, I couldn't control myself and I turned into a monster. I was so overcome with anger that I tortured his brother in the hopes that my anger would be quenched but it wasn't enough. I wanted to torture the brother as well..." he stopped, looking away for a second before returning his gaze to me. "I wanted to see you as soon as possible but I couldn't reign in my anger. I am so sorry, Ellah" his voice weakened into a whisper.

The sorrow in his eyes was something I didn't want to see, more so when it was caused by me. I cupped his cheek with my hand before pulling myself up and capturing his lips with mine. I felt warm tears flow down his cheeks but I kissed him harder as I felt tears flow down my cheeks. It hurt me to see him in pain like this.

When I pulled back, I raised myself higher so that I was straddling him, I kept my hands on both his cheeks as I forced him to look me straight in the eyes, wiping away a few stary tears in the process. "No, Alucard. It was my fault. I shouldn't have interfered, I should have stayed, I should have trusted you. I am the one who should be sorry"

"There is nothing you should apologize for..."

"Then neither do you...we are both at fault so we should both shoulder the burden together. I love you, Alucard and I always will. Nothing will change that" I felt my heart flutter at seeing his smile. I loved that smile and I found myself wanting to kiss him again. This time, he was the one to kiss me. I played with his hair as he continued to kiss me passionately.

After a few minutes, we both pulled back for air and he said something I never expected.

"Ellah...let's get married"