9

I was planning to wake up early to prepare breakfast for them but by the time I actually woke up. They were already gone. Walter told me that they went on a mission somewhere and refused to tell me where. I decided to just prepare them dinner so I waited in the garden with a book in my hand. It was peaceful and quiet without the sound of Sir Integra's soldiers marching. An unexplainable feeling was creeping its way to my heart.

The moon was full tonight but it shined with an ominous glow. I felt an unease that I hadn't felt in a very long time. Seeing the ring on my finger, with its gem as red as his eyes, calmed me a bit. I kept telling myself that they were going to be alright but I couldn't help but worry. I decided to just focus my attention on the book to keep my mind occupied. The flowers around the garden were glowing with the light of the moon tonight, it was perfect ambiance for a good night reading and even though I had perfect night vision, I still appreciated the warm light the flowers and the moon provided. 

I tried humming as well but no matter what I tried, it still wasn't enough to completely calm my mind and my heart. I could no longer keep my focus on what I was reading and sighed as I put the book down on the bench and began to fidget with the ring, twisting it around my finger. They were taking too long and my worrying only worsened.

Then, my heart skipped a beat and pain shot through my whole body. The glow of the ring suddenly dulled and that's when I knew, something had happened to them. Before I even knew it, I was flying through the air, headed straight to who knows where. My heart was guiding me to them. It was crying out for them. My eyes locked onto the building and I crashed through the windows just in time to stop a blade from hurting Seras. I growled as I pushed back, sending the man flying back against the wall. Feeling my protective instincts kicking in, it made my blood feel warm and my muscles tense, my eyes glowing dangerously as I glared sharply at the man who dared to hurt Seras. I was ready to fight.

"M-ms. Ellah..." Seras whimpered from behind me and I felt my chest tighten. I turned to face her, only to see her clutching Alucard's severed head close to her chest. Tears were falling down her cheeks as she gently handed me his head. My hands were shaking as I took it from her. "A-alucard..." I whispered but there was no response. My mind was blank as they stared at his once bright red eyes, now dull and dead. I snapped and the tears rushed out of my eyes like a raging waterfall.

I clutched his head close to my heart and cried as the pain overwhelmed me. The wonderful memories we shared made it even more painful. I refused to believe that in the blink of an eye, he had already been taken from me. He meant everything to me and I finally realised what he had meant. 

"What you understand is not that important. It is what you feel that truly matters. Human emotions are...complicated but once you experience them, feel them deep within your heart, you will understand them". I was in love with Alucard, I always have been from the very beginning. The butterflies I felt whenever he was happy, the racing of my heart whenever he was near me, my excitement and joy everytime I saw him. I was in love with him but I realised too late. I didn't even get the chance to tell him that I loved him, with all of my heart, I loved him.

"Alucard...please, say it isn't so. You said that we would always be together. You promised that as long as I wore this ring, we would be Seras' guardians together. So why...? Why did you have to leave me like this...?" I whispered but as his head melted away from my grasp, I felt the pain grow uncontrollable. Grief and rage had possessed me and turned me into a monster. My eyes turned to the man who had killed the man I loved. I wanted blood.

I charged at him but he managed to block my blades with his own. "So...that wretched vampire had a lover. Tell me, how could an unholy creature like you possess wings meant for an angel?" he snickered then he smirked. I only growled at him, my mind filled with nothing other than the desire to kill him.

I managed to cut him but my rage was only fueled when the cut I had inflicted healed up in seconds. "Nice try, you can't kill me. Shame, those wings are wasted on you. No matter, I'll just have to cut them off after I kill you just like what I did to your lover" he taunted. I growled and screamed as I launched myself at him, ready to hack him to pieces. I didn't care if my efforts were futile, I wanted to kill him. I wanted his head. Only then will I be satisfied. He killed the person I loved, I wanted his head as recompense for what he did. 

I had managed to pin him to the wall with my sword right through his stomach but before I could deal the finishing blow to cut off his head, a pair of arms wrapped themselves around my waist and I was pulled back. "Let me go! I want his head!" I growled savagely as I fought to escape the person's grasp. No one was going to stop me from getting my revenge.

"He needs to pay! He-!"

"Ellah~" the person whispered. My eyes widened as I stopped struggling. My body weakened at the sound of his soft whispering. I could feel the tears slowly fall from my eyes as I turned to face the person behind me. "A-alucard...?" I whispered as I cupped his cheeks to make sure I wasn't seeing things. He was real, he was alive. My heart felt like it was alive again and I couldn't stop the tears of joy from overflowing. "Y-you're alive!" I exclaimed as I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him so tight that I was sure I was suffocating him. I couldn't believe it. The man I loved was alive.

"I can't believe you're alive..." I whispered as I continued to cry against his chest. He hugged me tight as he kissed the top of my head. "I'm here, Ellah. I'm here..." he whispered to soothe me. I pulled back and furiously rubbed my tears away. I had to say it. I had to say it.

"Alucard...I...I...I-" I froze as I felt something cold pierce my skin. My eyes darted to the glinting blade that was coming out of my stomach. I coughed up blood as the man pulled it out of my abdomen. Then I felt excruciating pain from my back, he had cut off my wings. My knees gave out from under me and Alucard caught me before I fell. "A-alucard...I-I l-love...y-you..." I whispered but my words fell on deaf ears as the man I loved glared fiercely at the man who stabbed me. Black smoke like creatures were coming out of Alucard's back as his eyes glowed a deep and furious red. "Damn you, Alexander!" he yelled as he clutched me in his arms tightly, my abdomen and my back were bleeding heavily.

"A demon like her does not deserve the pure white wings of an angel" the man snickered. I felt Alucard's rage as he pulled out his gun, pointing it at the man. My eyelids felt heavy and my body felt painful. I tried my best to reach out for Alucard's cheek but I felt too weak. 

The last thing I heard  was a furious growl and loud gun shots before my conciousness drifted away into the darkness.