Epilogue

A Few Years Later...

I was busy preparing for Alucard's return when I had received a message from the man in question. A lot has changed these past few years. Instead of letters or bulky phones, we now had smart phones, that were as powerful as a computer, that could fit in your pocket and had the power to send messages across countries in an instant. I felt excited when I read that he was bringing someone home with him. I had to tell the others the good news, they hadn't seen a new face in months. 

Hellsing had gone through a major upgrade over the years. It was about a year into our marriage when we adopted another girl and her baby brother. I was the one who turned them. I was taking a stroll around the neighborhood when two teenagers caught my eye, the girl was cradling her dying brother's head in her hands as they shivered from hunger. They were orphans and had nowhere else to go and the boy was sick. I felt my heart ache at seeing them suffering so I decided to help them. I asked the girl for permission to turn her brother into a vampire to save him and she agreed. Afterward, she allowed me to turn her into one as well, and ever since then I have been adopting orphans. After seeing what I was doing, Alucard began to bring orphans or troubled youth, those who had nowhere to go, that he had come across during his missions back home. 

Some chose to be turned into vampires, I never turned anyone who didn't willingly agree to it, while the others chose to remain human but I treated them all like my own children. I never turned children who were under eighteen unless it was a dire situation because I wanted them to experience growing up. Those who did grow up eventually joined Hellsing or went back into society and those who were turned into Vampires became a special force within the organization. Seras took charge of training and leading the special forces and an incident like what happened a few years ago where we were invaded never happened again. 

It gave both Seras and me peace of mind because we knew how much it hurt to have our comrades turned into mindless ghouls, more so if you had to kill them yourself. We never wanted anything like that to happen again. I always worry about my children and wished that they didn't have to do what their father did but it was their decision and I couldn't deprive them of that. I already felt guilty for depriving them of a chance at a normal life, I didn't want to keep them from doing what they wanted with the rest of their lives as well.

It was around the time for them to be training so I went to the training grounds to visit them. Once they sensed my presence, they immediately ran to my side. "Mother!" they all exclaimed, including Seras which made me giggle. Even though she was now the eldest of her siblings, she still behaved like a child. 

"Hello, my dears. How have you all been? I hope you haven't been pushing yourselves too hard" I told them as I spread my arms so I could give them a group hug. The special forces only had ten members but they were all well trained so I didn't have to worry about them being in any real danger. The group consisted of Seras, Alice, and Baron, who were the two I had mentioned before, Michael, Judy, Devon, Xavier, Joan, and our most recent members, the twins, Akari and Aoi. They were brought here by Alucard during one of his missions outside the country.

"Nope! We were just sparring with big sister!" Judy exclaimed. She was fourteen when she got sick with cancer and I had no choice but to turn her into a vampire in order to save her. She was our youngest by age but she came before Devon, Xavier, Joan, and the twins. 

"Not that we mind your visit but what brings you here, mother?" Xavier asked and I smiled as I ruffled his hair. 

"I wanted to see how my children were doing and I come with good news" I announced and they all stared at me expectantly, waiting for me to continue.

"Your father is bringing someone home with him. Depending on the circumstances, they may become your new brother or sister" I told them and I could see the excitement in their eyes when they heard it. 

"Really?!" Judy exclaimed and I nodded my head. They were all so excited, I was as well, another child was saved.

I had left them to continue their training before waiting by the entrance for Alucard's return. I was sitting on the sofa in the living room, watching cartoons on the television when Harkan passed through the door and jumped on my lap, licking my face and nuzzling his face on my cheek. 

"Hello Harkan, where is your master?" I said as I patted his head. He barked before jumping off my lap and phasing out of the door. He was telling me to follow him. I turned the television off before phasing through the door myself. I was too excited to bother going through the door the normal way. 

I found Alucard in the entryway. He was drenched in rainwater and the smell was terrible but mixed in with the scent of rain was another. It smelled of blood and an unfamiliar scent. I approached Alucard slowly and I finally noticed the little bundle cradled in his arms. It was a baby, a newborn, the umbilical cord was still attached and it smelled faintly of another human, the scent of his mother was still fresh. 

Alucard stared at the babe with soft and gentle eyes before lifting his gaze to meet mine. "Ellah..." he called softly, beckoning for me to come forward and hold the newborn. 

He was pale, his skin, eyelashes, and hair as white as freshly fallen snow, and when he opened his eyes, his pupils were a bloody red while being completely human. "Where did you find him?" I asked as I stroked his cheek gently before he giggled and grabbed my finger with his tiny hands. 

"I found him in an alleyway, he was placed in a box with only one blanket covering him, there was no note and the box was sealed shut. Someone wanted to make sure that no one would find him" Alucard said with a low growl. I felt my chest rumble in a growl as well. How could someone abandon such a precious child? There was only one reason. His mother or the person who abandoned him thought him to be an abomination, a monster, a creature that did not deserve to live.

"My love..." I cooed, caressing Alucard's cheek as he leaned into my touch. "You have done well, we will be his family from now on. If the humans thought of him as a monster then he will be raised by monsters. He will fit right in" I giggled. The babe wriggled in my arms and giggled as well, I felt my heart melt at the sight. 

"What should we name him?" Alucard asked. I placed a soft kiss on the baby's forehead and hummed him a little lullaby until he fell asleep.

"Adam, we shall name him Adam" 

"Adam, a wise choice, my darling. Shall we introduce him to his siblings?"

"Yes, they have been waiting for a long time. Thank you, this baby will grow up with all the love in the world, he will be able to choose his own path and we will be right by his side to watch him"

~The End~

Author's Note:

Hello! This is the final chapter of this book, it has taken me so long to write it but it's finally done. I originally wrote this book with the intention of not publishing it but I decided that it was worth a try. I didn't expect that anyone would read it so I was surprised to see that people were actually interested in this little story I made. It didn't have a plot before, just random moments of an original character I created as a love interest for Alucard but then as I continued to write it, everything fell into place.

I'm just glad to have finally finished it. I hope you enjoyed this story even if it was really short. Until we meet again, Goodbye!

~Rei