The First Mission

"What were you two thinking! As soon as it started raining you two should have started going home!"

A young woman, around the age of twenty-four, was currently raising her voice at the two new Genin.

The woman herself was very beautiful and looked like Anna.

Well, that was because she was her mother.

Shortly after what happened at The Hokage Monument, Anna offered Yūrei to go back to her home to dry up.

They didn't expect her mothers' small outburst.

Annas' mother looked eerily similar to her, except her eyes were pale blue and her hair was kept in a neat bun, with bangs covering the sides of her face.

She was wearing a purple kimono with a flower design on it with a pink sash around her waist.

Around her neck was a similar pendant to the one Anna was wearing.

Both Yūrei and Anna were currently sitting in the living room.

Annas' mother quickly returned to the two and placed a kimono and towel in front of both of them.

Yurei got a red kimono, while Anna got a pink one.

"Here you two go. Now you can dry your hair and change into something that isn't gonna give you a cold!"

The older woman started to walk away, but something caught her attention mid-stride and she turned back towards the two Genin.

She had a slightly embarrassed look on her face.

She let out a small laugh.

"Silly me, I forgot to introduce myself to our new guest."

Annas' mother bowed towards the young Uchiha.

"Sophia Nishikinomiya, Annas' mother."

The boy stood up and bowed to the now named Sophia.

"Yūrei Uchiha, it's a pleasure to meet you."

Anna constantly shifted her gaze from her teammate to her mother.

Her mother generally didn't like a lot of people, so to see her joking with and bowing to her teammate was a small surprise.

However, upon hearing Yūreis' name, Sophia looked for a moment surprised, after which a smile appeared on her face.

"Huh, so you're the Uchiha that my daughter keeps talking about. Well, it's nice to finally meet you. I've heard a lot of good things about you. You two get dried up and changed while I prepare something for you to eat."

By now Annas' face was covered with a dark red blush.

Before she could comment, her mother was already gone into the kitchen.

Normally the Uchiha would have had a similar reaction, but the recent ... events have had him already become a bit closed off.

"C-C'mon I'll show you where you can get changed."

Anna got up and took Yūreis' hand and led him to the bathroom.

After locking the door, Yūrei looked down at the kimono he was given.

Yet his mind was still processing the death of his older brother.

He was looking for a cause, for something that could have pushed him to do something like this.

While Shisui didn't talk a lot about his missions since they were mostly Secret, he would sometimes tell a few bits and details about them.

Yet one day, he just came home, completely ignored his little brother and went to bed.