The New Life

Feeling the tiredness wash over him, Yūrei would often stumble while feeling his eyelids become heavier to maintain open.

But still, he pushed on with the girl resting on his back with her arms tightly around his neck, almost as if she was afraid to let go.

Tired and plagued by disturbing thoughts, Anna fell asleep after Yūrei began carrying her.

While Hiruko wanted to go back to Konoha and report to the Hokage as soon as possible, seeing his students hold on to each other, both seemingly worried and afraid, twisted a knot in his stomach that he didn't feel for a long time.

It looked like the relationship he built over the past month with them seemed to become more evident as the two got into more trouble. Feeling his heart racing, all for his student's safety, seemed to remind him that he may not be as alone as he presumed.

While still being neutral towards the kids, Zabuza saw the strain and stress placed on the Genins bodies and suggested Hiruko the idea of staying at a hotel in a nearby village for the night.

After immediately agreeing, the Jounin led the younger members of the group to their stay for the night.

Zabuza felt the silence that followed him and Hiruko was all too similar. It was the same silence like the one that existed on the journey towards the bandit hideout.

Having seen and done many things during his life as a Shinobi, he knew something was off. While he had seen cold Genin who kept to themselves, these two didn't seem cold.

They rather looked like they didn't know how to approach one another.

But not wanting to interfere with the probably delicate relationship in between the Genin, Zabuza kept his thoughts to himself and made some small talk with Hiruko.

The only thing that seemed to be keeping Yūrei from the land of dreams was the tight embrace around his neck. And Anna's warm breath seemed to keep pushing him forward in wish of getting her somewhere safe.

Looking back at the duo behind him once more, Zabuza remembered the sight of Yūrei fully maturing his Sharingan. The moving picture of the third tomoe appearing repeated in his mind.

He heard about the Sharingan and its capabilities before, everybody has. Yet he wondered if they were truly as strong as he was told.

Pushing on further, he led them to a peaceful village he knew of nearby.

In The Land of Waves

Being already tired as is, combined with a long walk to the small village, led to Yūrei falling asleep as soon as they arrived at the hotel.

Currently, in a bar nearby, Hiruko and Zabuza each had a glass of sake, discussing the mission.

"I'm pretty sure we can call that a success, Hiruko."

The downcast look on Hiruko's face showed a battle raging in his mind.

"I'm aware we completed the task, Zabuza, but ... it's just I'm worried about Yūrei and Anna. Kami-Sama knows what would have happened to Anna if we weren't there and ... seeing Yūrei go berserk like that, it just makes me uneasy."

"So you're telling me you went through the Third Shinobi World War, butchering your enemies, and now you're worried about some kids? I think you might have gone soft."

"Zabuza, those were times of war. This is the most peaceful the Shinobi World has been. Yet I have a feeling an even larger threat will rise."

"Speaking of threats, I have a feeling that kid could become one. You saw how he fully matured his Sharingan and how he used those kunai. He also took out those five bandits before we came. The kid has potential."