6: The Date (Knj)

You were about to go for a blind date

You were about to go for a blind date. You were already anxious to meet each other, let alone the reason being that you two didn't even know each other.

You pulled your Starbucks coffee cup out of the container in the car, while you put away your seatbelt and got out of the car. You wore decent jeans paired with a top, a muffler engulfing your neck while a beanie rested on top of your head. With a coffee cup in your hand and a pair of eyeglasses set on your eyes, you looked like the total definition of a nerd living next door.

You entered the place where the two of you had decided to meet up. Instead of it being a café or a restaurant, it was an open library café.

It wasn't weird, the thing was,

You were both writers.

That's somehow the actual reason why the two of you wanted to meet. Your interests matched, and when you saw that this guy was into reading and writing stuff, you were pretty sure you wanted to try this out.  Though you couldn't see his face, some privacy policies. But that just made the fact even more interesting.

This wasn't the first blind date you had tried however– you had done this with other men too. Some were too muscular for you, some were too short for you, some were too fair for you, some were too smart for you. Ignoring the appearances, their personalities were too much for you. Not that you were perfect either– they just didn't suit you.

Even though, you tried this whole date thing again just because of one person– your brother. Mostly boys who had their younger siblings going on dates were overprotective of their little sisters, but your brother ain't like that.

No naah no.

Kai was more enthusiastic than you were about this online-dating thingy. He felt that you were old enough to have your own life and that you needed to see people. You needed to go out more and be more involved.

Who knows? You may find someone you're looking for!

Anyway, so going to a place called 'Reader's hub café' was perfectly normal for you, a place where you are surrounded by books was just so normal to you. It felt kind of homey, and you couldn't be more thankful that the person you were about to meet was perfectly fine with you meeting him here.

All the other men that you'd met were at coffee shops, restaurants, malls, arenas, and many more. But this one was indeed new and an experience for you.

You had pleasantly entered the place, and you were ready to take a seat. You just remembered that it'd be so boring to sit alone, and your fingers couldn't help but linger over the hem of the books arranged beautifully.

You were ready to check them out, and you were standing and reading them, while you felt a little tap on your shoulder behind you. You turned around to someone and assumed that he was here to help you out.