11 : You (Jjk)

I need you all to go back in time, the one-shot is set in 2003, and you are already college students.

🖋🖋🖋

I adjusted my bag as I stepped onto the bus, searching for a spot to sit

I adjusted my bag as I stepped onto the bus, searching for a spot to sit. The number of new faces was concerning- I wasn't very great at socializing. I saw a safe seat at the back of the bus, but a woman rushed past me and quickly occupied the seat, way too busy fixing her lipstick to notice me.

I pouted to myself before a jerk signaled that the bus had started moving. I looked around to find a seat in haste and spotted a guy on the left side, sitting on the aisle seat while the window seat was unoccupied. I walked towards him holding the edges of the seats as the bus increased its speed.

"Ahem" I cleared my throat but noticed how the boy couldn't hear me. For a second, the thought passed my mind that he may be deaf but I quickly pushed it away. "Excuse me?" I said, stretching my tiny voice but again, he did not respond even a little. His head was buried inside his book which he was reading, seemed like some chemistry notes that were written in neat, clear writing.

That's when I noticed a wire connected to a small device that he held in his hand and the wire reached his ears, almost attached to them. Oh. I realized that it was the very trendy stuff in the country in those days. Earphones. Attached to his i-pod.

I tapped on his shoulder which made him whip his head towards me instantly, staring at me with big, doe eyes. The action made his earphones fall out of his ears but remain connected to the music storing device. I bit my lip, gesturing towards the empty seat and he immediately stood up with a strong grip on his bag.

And I won't lie, I got freaking scared. He looked like he was ready to bump his head in the overhead cabin. Why was he so damn tall? When he sat down on the window seat without any further interactions, I forced myself to quit gawking and sit down next to him.

He wasted no time to put his earphones back into his ears and started scribbling formulas on his notebook. I looked at what he was doing, unable to stop myself. I was a medical student after all. I was intrigued.

He kept getting the formula wrong for a particular question and kept repeating the same mistake again and again. I sighed, trying my best to not interrupt him and get involved with him. That was until he started humming a song, and I couldn't help but look towards him.

Mumbling incoherent lyrics, he probably was trying his best to get his focus back on chemistry and push his frustration at the back of his head. But lord knew how greatly he was succeeding. "Just add them. You've been multiplying them from the past ten minutes." I said, a little bit loud, not much for I inwardly was hoping he wouldn't listen.

Cause if he wouldn't, I won't have the dissatisfaction of not telling him the right thing and not outsmarting him, nor would I face an awkward situation of socialising for a mere chemistry numerical. But lord knew one thing more- and that was, nothing happens as I want it to.