Devil's Attorney

We weren't in the air for long. Blake did everything he could bar blindfolding me to keep me from looking out the window. I was surprised he didn't do that too. Obviously he was trying not to make the pilot suspicious, though it could just have been that he hadn't thought ahead to bring a blindfold.

Instead of a blindfold, he used his face. He kissed me for most of the flight, blocking the window from view. I tried to stay rigid but he started getting impatient, so I ended up giving into the kiss. I didn't kiss him back though. He didn't seem to care.

Once we landed, he let me go, and I finally got the chance to look out the window. My jaw dropped. We had landed on the top of a building. The top of a building in downtown Denver, mere miles away from where he kidnapped me.

Blake chuckled at my shocked look, and leaned over as if he was biting my ear. Really, he whispered to me, his hand tightening ever so slightly around my thigh.

"If you try anything stupid both you and Iris are going to suffer for it. Understood?" He said, pulling away. I nodded, my heart beating hard in my chest.

He grinned, and took my hand. "Come, Rose. We have people we shouldn't keep waiting."

With that, he opened the helicopter door and led me out and onto the rooftop.

I stared at the view, wondering and wishing if someone in the surrounding buildings might see me.

Of course it was pointless to wish that, for they wouldn't have any reason to think I was in trouble. I would just look like a glamorous woman being led by a glamorous man.

Still, I hoped.

All too soon, we were inside, and I was cut off from the outside world once more.

Blake led me through a large entertainment space, to a row of sleek elevators. He hit the button and paused, looking across at me and throwing me a small smile. "Do you know where we are, my rose?"

"Denver?" I answered.

He chuckled. "Yes, but specifically, where are we in Denver?"

I shrugged. "In a building?"

He nodded. "Yes, my rose. We are in my building. And in my building, nobody can stop me from doing whatever I please."

As if to prove his point, he suddenly pushed me against the wall beside the elevator, and eyed me hungrily. "You look so much nicer in makeup, my rose," He said, his voice low.

I expected him to kiss me again, but he didn't. Instead, he gently cradled my face, his fingers at my ears. Then I felt it. A tiny sticker, pressed against the skin behind my ear. I frowned, confused, and Blake just grinned.

The elevator doors opened, and he pulled me inside. Free once more, I reached up to touch the sticker. Beneath my fingers, I could feel a silicone dot, with a tiny raised bump in the middle. "What is this?" I asked, fearfully.

He smiled, and leant forward so he was whispering in my ear. "It's a microphone, my rose. From it, I could hear any thing you said at any given moment."

I pulled away, alarmed. "What? Why?"

He smiled. "Well, my rose, the reason we are in the city today is because we are seeing my lawyer."

"What? I don't understand," I said.

"Well, he a friend of mine who is going to ask you a few questions. He knows all about you, and what the news has been saying, and he also knows me, and knows that I would never kidnap someone," He said. My heart dropped. "What I need you to do, my rose, is to tell him everything I want you to say. Tell him that you ran away from home because of your abusive parents. Tell him that you were starving in the streets, and I found you. Tell him that you started working for me, and tell him that you're excited at everywhere that job is going to take you. If he asks you any questions, you say something that would please me."