0

"Elle! Tomas is here!" Myra Jones called up the stairs to her eldest daughter. 

"Coming Mother!" the fourteen  year old shouts. Her footsteps loud on the old, wooden stairs of the small house. She makes it to the bottom to see her best friend, Thomas Barrow, his face full of sorrow. "Whats wrong Tommy?" 

"I need to leave. My parents are always arguing. I got a job, its at Downton Abbey, near the countryside. A few hours north of here by train." The fifteen almost sixteen  year old, Thomas Barrow says, tears welling up in his blue/green eyes. 

"W..when are you going?" Elle asks tears slowly streaming down her rosy cheeks. 

"Thursday. So in two days." The young teen says looking at the floor tears staining his pale face. Elle instantly pulls him into a hug. Crying into his chest she says, "Please don't forget me." 

"I will always remember you Ellie." Thomas says into the younger girls blonde hair.

TWO DAYS LATER: TRAIN STATION

Elle and Thomas where at the train station. Elle was hugging him tight, Thomas holding her even tighter. "Promise me you will write?" Elle asks through her tears.

"I promise." Thomas replied his voice cracking with emotion. The train whistle blows, signaling its time for the two best friends to let go. Thomas grabs his luggage, with one last look back, he boards the train.

The train begins to move and he looks out the window, waving and shouting goodbye to Elle. Elle chases after the train until it reaches the end of the station, waving frantically. "Ill miss you Tommy." she says softly as she walks back to her mothers side.