Chapter 7

Amy and a now a fully clothed Shadow sat at the kitchen table, eating their lunch of sandwiches, chips, and sodas. After their first shared kiss, Shadow had thrown on a pair of black pants, and a red tank top, the patch of fur on his chest poofing out of the top of the tank top. Every once and a while, Amy would peak up from her sandwich to glance at her dark companion. That kiss they shared earlier was still practically ringing in her head. Shadow had caught her off guard, big time, and now she couldn't stop thinking about that magical feeling they had. And Shadow's current outfit wasn't helping her much.

    It wasn't like Shadow wasn't staring either. When their lips touched, the feeling he felt was so different. That was his first kiss, and he had no idea what came over him. Amy's reaction to Sonic was actually really hot. Shadow never knew that the pink hedgehog had that side of her, and he liked that, a lot. 'And what the hell was she doing with her hand before she told me to go get a pair of a pants on?' Amy's outfit was certainly not helping Shadow think straight. While the the dark hedgehog had gotten dressed, Amy had changed her clothes. She had thrown on a cute sleeveless V-neck, and a pair of shorts that reached out to her knees. Shadow was looking her over when he caught her staring.

    "You know, Ms. Rose," Shadow placed his food back on the plate, "You can just tell me what's on your mind."

    Amy quickly turned her face quickly, hoping Shadow didn't see the blush, "I...I don't have anything on my mind."

    Shadow didn't take his eyes off Amy, and noticed her face turn a dark red, "Then tell me why your flustered."

    "...."

    "Then how about I start." Shadow walked around the table and sat next to Amy, "I'm thinking about what we are. I've never been in a relationship. So I don't know what we are or what the first thing I should do. I'm worried. I feel like this is all going so fast. These feelings I have that is. And I don't know if I will always make you happy, since I don't know how relationships work. All I have ever had is my friendship with Maria, and my companionship with Rouge and Omega."

    Amy looked at Shadow, his eyes spoke of a sorrow that she knew all to well. Shadow continued.

    "But I do know that... I have feelings for you that... I just don't know how to explain it. You have made me feel..." Shadow's voice trailed off as Amy's hand gripped his own. "You make me feel happy."

    Amy looked into Shadow's ruby red eyes for what felt like hours. Yet another way she never seen Shadow. Over the last 24 hours, she has experienced Shadow at his lowest, his highest, and now he was doing his best to show Amy his emotions. She had no idea the dark hedgehog was so complicated, and to the pink hedgehog, this was so exciting to learn all the highs and lows.

    "Shadow," Amy scooted closer to Shadow, "Honestly, I feel the same. You gave me my first kiss. When I was younger, I always thought that my first would have been...him... but that kiss... it was even better than my wildest imagination."

    That brought light to the dark hedgehogs face. He was happy to know that his first attempt was a good one.

    "And yeah, I get it, I'm a little scared too. I mean, we haven't even figured out what we are, and your already living with me! And I've never been in a relationship either. But that's what makes this so...exciting! We get to experience all of this for the first time, together. Look, I know we are very different people. But I want to learn all about who you are. And I know I might not compare with how comfortable you were with Maria, but I want you to be that comfortable with me. I want to see every layer you hide from everyone else. I just hope that you let me."

    Shadow sat there in silence. He wasn't sure how to react to what Amy said. 'She wants me to be just as comfortable around her as I was with Maria? That's been so long ago. That isn't who I am anymore.... is it?' Shadow lowered his look to the table in deep thought, but he never took his hand away from Amy. The pink hedgehog patiently waited for Shadow to come to a decision. She couldn't even imagine what he was thinking. For as long as they have known each other, Shadow was the outcast. He never socialized unless he was able to benefit from it somehow. And now Amy was wanting him to just open up like it was no big deal, but she knew that is WAS that big of a deal to Shadow, and he knew the pink hedgehog wasn't being forceful. The truth was, that Shadow trusted Amy now, just as much as he trusted Rouge or Omega.