Chapter 9

December 24th. Amy stood on top of a step ladder, putting a star on top of her Christmas tree. Both her and Shadow had spent the entire day decorating the house, which was definitely out of the dark hedgehog's comfort zone. In fact, the whole idea of Christmas was weird and complicated to Shadow. The idea of setting up a tree, and putting gifts underneath it was just...bazaar. But Amy loved Christmas, and Shadow wanted to do what she liked to do. Even though they were around each other for more than a month now, both Amy and Shadow still loved being in each others company and weren't jumping at each others throats. Shadow was good about giving space when needed, and Amy knew when Shadow needed someone around to help him with his depression.

But tonight was going to be a different story. Shadow had plans of telling Amy his feelings for her. He was planning on dropping the L word. Little did he know, Amy was going to do the same.

'Everyday I'm with him, it's like magic. Every time he speaks, I get butterflies in my stomach. I think I need to finally tell him.'

'I have enjoyed my time with her. She is so much like Maria, so full of life and love. But my feelings for her are so much deeper than Maria. I love Amy, and tonight, it will be known, no matter what.'

Shadow walked into the living room to see Amy climbing down from her perch. They both agreed to wear their pajamas, and have the gang over for a sleep over. They even invited Sonic, who actually agreed to come. Amy was happy that it seemed like the blue blur was getting over her. She was also overjoyed to be getting everyone to come over that night. Everyone was bringing gifts, and it was going to be the first time in a long time that they were all going to be together for the holidays.

The dark hedgehog offered Amy a glass of eggnog with a smile on his face.

"Thank you Sweetie!" Amy took the glass and began to sip away at her drink, looking back over her work on the tree. "Doesn't it look nice?"

"Just perfect." Shadow never took his eyes off Amy. 'The way she glows when she's happy is 100 times better than the tree.'

"Amy?" The pink hedgehog turned to look at Shadow concerned. He doesn't rarely use her first name.

"What's wrong Shadow?"

Shadow looked down at the floor, his mussel turning a dark red, "I want to give you your present early, before everyone gets here. That is, if you will let me?"

Amy's face lit up a light red as a smile went across her face, "Of course Shady."

Shadow nodded as he turned around and walked out the room. "No peaking."

The pink hedgehog giggled as she waited for him to go out of site, then she ran behind the couch, where a hidden box was sitting. Amy picked it up and then ran back into position, hiding the gift behind her back. 'I think he's going to tell me he loves me!"

Shortly after, Amy heard soft footsteps coming from the direction Shadow left in, until finally he rounded the corner, holding a small back box. Amy's eyes lit back up seeing Shadow standing there trying to hide his flustered face.

"When I saw this," Shadow walked slowly over to Amy, "I instantly thought of you, and me." The dark hedgehog looked down at the small jewelry box he cupped in his hands, like it was a delicate animal he just saved. "And nothing else, even this gift, compared to your beauty. But it was the best thing I could find."

Shadow slowly opened the box, revealing a necklace, with a golden rose firmly implanted in the golden pink metal.

"OH MY CHAOS!" Amy placed the gift she had on top of a large gift next to the tree, and gently pulled the necklace from it's place in the box. "Shadow, it's so beautiful. I absolutely love it!"