Epilogue: Hello, World

A/N: So, here we are at the end of this one - THANK YOU so much for all the reads, votes and comments. When I started this story, I never, ever thought it would get this long but I have truly enjoyed writing and sharing it with you.

To finish, a glance further into the future and a little Christmas miracle for you all:)

****

December 2020

Pristine white snowflakes were falling slowly from the sky, little by little covering Central Park, turning New York City into a winter wonderland just on time for Christmas. Stefani stood by the living room window of her penthouse, watching the snow's hypnotizing dance in the darkening evening; behind her, the fireplace had been lit, flames burning brightly, soft jazz tunes drifting through the stylish apartment. Her ears were tuned towards the front door, however, eagerly waiting for it to open.

Finally it did and she turned from the window, a smile spreading onto her face as her eyes fell on the two people entering: a tall man and a little girl. Lea rushed to her, cheeks flushed, eyes sparkling brightly, and Stefani grinned.

"Hey, princess."

"It's snowing, Stefi! Look!" Lea pointed out of the window, bouncing excitedly on the spot. "Can we build a snowman tomorrow?"

"That sounds like a lot of fun, but I'm afraid you're probably going to have to ask your father to help you with that," she chuckled, gently ruffling the three-year-old girl's blonde hair. "I can barely bend down right now."

Bradley chuckled, arriving to her side, touching her hand and leaning to kiss her tenderly. "How are you two doing?"

Stefani smiled, gave him another long kiss. "We're okay, although somebody has been quite restless today."

Lea wrapped her little arms around her leg with a big grin, reaching to place a hand on her belly and patting it softly.

"Hi, baby."

"You are going to be such a wonderful big sister." Stefani brushed the little girl's cheek tenderly. "In fact, could you do me a favour and tell the little person in here that you can't wait to meet them? I would really like to get this show on the road and if my mother tells me one more time how I arrived into the world over two weeks late, I'm going to strangle... um, be very angry at her."

Bradley laughed, gently rubbing her very swollen belly. "You're not even late yet; the due date is tomorrow."

"I know." She sighed, placing a hand onto her back and stretching it carefully. "That's why the thought of possibly weeks more of this is rather terrifying. I feel gross and exhausted and my back is killing me."

"Come sit down." He pulled her onto the couch and she leaned against him heavily; he started to massage her back soothingly and Stefani closed her eyes, releasing a long sigh at the incredible feeling. Lea took a seat in front of the fireplace, starting to turn the pages of her fairy-tale book and she watched the beautifully decorated Christmas tree, burying her face into Bradley's neck.

"He or she is going to be here just on time to give us the best Christmas present ever," he said quietly, kissing her head and she smiled, glancing up at him.

"Or a birthday present for you, in case he or she decides to be late like me and nest until next year. Jesus Christ, the mere thought..."

Bradley laughed, shook his head, touching his lips to hers briefly. "I know you're getting impatient and I know it has been difficult and painful, but you have been incredibly strong; I am so in awe of you, Stef, the way you have handled this pregnancy."