▎ two

»»---------------------►

A dusky illuminant is placed in the tintless night table and the only source of light is the moon's radiance. Since he got to the hotel, the first thing he did was lie down in the soft covers, he found it rather hard to it get up after doing it, not bothered by the darkness the berth displays.

He ceaselessly studies the atmosphere around him. Avoiding the sharp pain of his headache and the temperature increasing in his body. Miraculously, the rain stopped a few minutes after being taken to the hotel. But somewhat he can't avoid being confused. Instead, of trying not to think about something to not make the unpleasant feelings get any worse, he occasionally gets drags to the thought.

"No sir, I'm humbly sorry. Okay, ?I, I am just correcting you but sog-ak residence is not a place here eyy. No place in here is named sog-ak. You must be mistaken."

Whilst being in his deepest thoughts.

The room suddenly got silent. No one was talking earlier but it wasn't this silent too. It's as if everyone is dead. No crickets sounds, no faint car noises.Nothing. The air that was hugging his body left too, like it also was tasked to stay silent.

The eerie silence causes his heart to skip a beat and he strolls cautiously to the skimpy window.

He held the curtains apart and observes the view outside his bedroom.

The view shows nothing but a dull parking lot. He gazes for something suspicious but he sees nothing. Although his sight is not cooperating well, his instincts say otherwise.

"There must be something outside" Just by saying the phrase, his heart continued to beat. As though, at that moment you better be nervous because no one is allowed to speak.

His thoughts left him in fear. And he never dared to turn the lights on, nor dared to utter a word.

What is going on here?

Before he can comprehend what is happening. A heavy knock echoes through the room.

Leaving him in horror. He did not speak nor moved. Not even one second, not even one inch.

"Hey, can you like open up?" A man's voice resonated but he quietly just stands in the corner, ready to hit or punch anyone who dares to mess with him.

"Please, I won't hurt you. I just need to talk to you about something." He finished and the young man's sweat rolled to his forehead, before making a decision.

"O-okay" He attentively held the knob and finally opened it.

"thank god-" The man on the other side, smile in triumph.

"thank you for-whoah" He shockingly announced

"what?" The young man questioned in confusion, seeking for any hint of wisecrack.

"You are a man?" He nodded in agreement to himself "I did not expect that behind the door was a man. Were you scared? Uh? You were, weren't you?"

"Hey, Get off." The young man warned as the older attempted to tickle him.

"anyways, Who are you?" The man asked as they make their way inside the room. The environment hasn't changed and they doubt it will.

"I don't think I need to tell you this" The younger one responded and the man droned.

"Well, your gonna have to. If you don't trust me then you would've let me in on the first place"

"It isn't that easy to trust someone" the young man snarled

"well, I'm your only hope." He walks around the room, leaving the young man on the couch 

"Now tell me. Do you know where you are?"

In an attempt to give the older a reply. His lips don't seem to answer.

"I don't want to tell you this because it seems weird but-" he settles in the couch across the young man tossing him a rectangular box, and almost instantly he catches it.

"You see....." He continued while the young man flipped through every picture.

"That man is my best friend. He was there when no one was, we were partners in crime along with our closest friends. He is a good guy, he just has flings everywhere he goes. He used to talk to me about this girl she likes that ends up breaking up with him and the next day he'll be drunk again saying the same shit for another girl. His parents left him when he was 10 and he never got a stable job."

"W-where is h-he?" The young man questions. His hands tremble not taking the weight of the small box, leaving all pictures scattered on the neutral floor.

"He died"

"I-"

"That's why I need to know. I need to know who the hell you are and why you look like my best friend!"

"Did you know how hard it was for me?! Seeing him struggle, seeing him cry every night?! And not even trying to do anything to help??! On the day of his fucking birthday. He tied a rope on his neck and ended his life! I wasn't there when he needed me, but he was always there for me. Seeing his body hung lifeless on the ceiling. And seeing him being burned to ashes is more than enough reasons to kill myself but I can't even do it. Because of a promise I made with him! He made me promise to never try to kill myself and that everything will be fine, as long as I have faith. But he ends up ending his own life!! I-i I am such a horrible friend."

"Hyung" A young boy comes to the room and hugged the older tight.

"Hyung, please stop blaming yourself for Jimin's death. It wasn't your fault. Never say that you want to kill yourself. Keep your promise to him, at least he's alive through your promises.

The man is lost. He's pale and his eyes are filled with nothing but despair.

"I want to die!!! I just want to fucking die!!! Why did I even make that promise to you Jimin??!!!" The older man squats on the floor, his tears drop to the carpet. His voice hung low and weak.

Too tired to speak, too tired to walk, and too tired to live.