6

*song of the day*
MIRROR - JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE

Surprisingly I have endured six agonizing hours sitting in this damn office without feeling the urge to break someone's bones or knocking them out

Surprisingly I have endured six agonizing hours sitting in this damn office without feeling the urge to break someone's bones or knocking them out. Even William kept to himself and only came to see me when it was related to business.

It was now four in the evening and I have done my work for coming few days too. I called Ava through the intercom and informed her of my departure. Giving her the permission to leave as well I made my way to the elevator. I told George not to drive me. The climate was soothing with clouds and cold breeze flowing and I felt like driving myself, getting lost in the gentle breeze.

I opened my car and sat down in the drivers seat. I took the longest route home enjoying the feeling of fresh cold air hitting my face. When I am stressed I do this. It strangely makes me feel calm and refreshed. My house was on the countryside, away from the prying eyes of human and surrounded by the Forest. There was a lake near my house and whenever I felt like taking a dip I went there even though I have my own swimming pool.

We Lycans may now live like humans to blend in but are instinct are of animals. We love to stay close to nature.

I was never the one to talk. I never felt like talking with people, interacting with them. I never felt the need to share my thoughts, problem with people. That's why it is hard for me to trust, to open up. I did once and it turned out to be my greatest mistake, my weakness. So instead I chose to use actions. I would rather reply in gestures than talk. That's just the way I have been and I like it.

I reached my house but instead I went towards the backyard where my garden is. It is the only reminder of my mother. She used to love gardening and singing. I vividly remember her teaching me how to play piano and singing it along. These flowers and music is the only link between us now. My backyard had every type of roses. They were her favorite. After roses were my favorite Iris. My father planted them for me as my birthday present few years ago.

I sat down on the ground near the flower and inhaled their sweet smell. The emotions were overwhelming for me but I held on. Sitting here made me feel close to them. Made me feel that they are with me if not physically then emotionally.

Hours passed but I remained sitting

Hours passed but I remained sitting. The sun had gone down and the stars were shining brightly now. I heard the cricket and saw two bunnies playing with each other. Finally I stood up and went inside to my empty house.

The next morning I got ready for school. With not being able to sleep I got plenty of time for making breakfast and training in the morning. I made pancakes with a glass of cranberry juice. After finishing my breakfast I left my house. Reaching the school gates everyone started to stare at me. Seem like they are not over me yet I thought to myself.

Just as I parked my car on the same place where I parked it that day I heard a horn blaring. I visibly winced at the sound and even a few nearby students winced. Who the hell pulls a stunt like this in the parking lot of people with advanced hearing.

I got out of my car, pissed at that person. You could not detect the anger in my expression. It was void of any but the rage was noticeable in my eyes. I turned around and found the cause of my unease. Standing in front of me was a female werewolf, a beautiful girl if only she removed that scowl from her face.

She was beautiful with long brown hairs and mesmerizing blue eyes. Her tall, lean body gave her a model-like appearance with curves in the right place.

She was standing nonchalantly as if she has not blared a horn near our ears. When she saw me approaching I saw a little bit hesitation in her eye. I guess she was still deciding whether to create a scene or not before it went away.

She stood up straight and squared her shoulder and spoke,"You have parked your car in my place. That parking is reserved for me." Is she serious? What is she? Five? Claiming places. I hate it when girls think that following the Queenbee from your chickflick makes you look cool.

I took a deep breath and said,"I believe this is a public parking place where anyone can park their car any where. A claimed place seems useless to me" Her face turned red from embarrassment or anger or maybe from both and she spoke harshly,"Listen here you may think that just because you are a Lycan you can come here and act like all mighty on us and rule over us but you are wrong. I rule this place and you will listen to me"

Listen to her? She's got to be kidding me.

"Why should I or anyone else listen to you? What do you think you are? Fucking royalty?"

"How dare you!" She screeched before she raised her hand to slap me. All I saw was red. I do not like touched and she had the audacity to raise her hand.

I caught her hand even before she could blink and got close to her face ,"Don't you dare raise your voice and hand at me" I told her slowly. Then I leaned in close to her ear and whispered,"If you value you life and and your precious car then don't try to pull that stunt on me ever again because if you will then I will give you more than just a bruise on your wrist."

I let her hand go and saw my handprint on her wrist. She was cradling it close to her chest. Pain was evident on her face but I felt no remorse for giving her that, she got what she deserved.

"I think I made myself clear, didn't I sweetheart?" I asked her in a sickly sweet voice. She murmured something incoherent and I said,"what was that again?"
This time she spoke clearly " I understand"

"Was it so hard to speak?" Having enough of her presence and annoying perfume invading my personal space I took my bag out of the car and went inside the school. I could hear the students talking about how I showed her her place before closing the door I heard someone say "she is the only person other than Alpha Elijah to put her in her place" seems like the Alpha and me have a common dislike.

 I could hear the students talking about how I showed her her place before closing the door I heard someone say "she is the only person other than Alpha Elijah to put her in her place" seems like the Alpha and me have a common dislike

Hi everyone. Thank you for reading my book so far. Sorry I had to upload again because of some problem. I hope you are enjoying it. The flower Iris are actually my favourite, they mean wisdom, royalty and valor. Stay blessed and healthy.
Love,
Deepshikha