11

*Song of the day*
DEEP END - BIRDY

Before I could get out of the class in my classic Valerie style

Before I could get out of the class in my classic Valerie style. I heard the teacher ask me if I had any problem. Well yes I have. A big, jerk of an Alpha is my problem. Its annoys me to no end how just one glance from him can crumble all my self-restraint.

But his eyes! Those big green eyes are the most irritating. His eyes speaks what words can't. They speak of his admiration for me, they speak of his desire. His desire to have me, to hold me and to claim me.

But I will never let it happen. Not again.

I was vulnerable in the past but now I am strong. Both physically and emotionally.

Are you sure about that? my subconcious voice, that mocking voice asks me. Over and over again.

In these last three years I have grown stronger. I trained hard, even harder than before so I can never be weak in front of anyone. Especially him.

The only boy I ever gave my heart to. The only person in this world who was dear to me. Even dearer than my family. I did anything he asked me. I would have even died for him. But he... He broke my heart, broke it beyond repair.

He betrayed me in ways that I never imagined. Piece by piece he broke until I could not pick up the pieces without bleeding. He broke my body and my soul. He made me the bitter woman people now know. The cold-hearted Valerie Darius.

Shaking out of my dark memories I stared at Elijah impassively while he stared back with an equally impassive look. Not wanting to give into his childish tactics I packed my bag. Luck must be with me because as soon as I finished packing all my stuff the bell rang.

I bolted out of the classroom without looking back but I could feel his intensive gaze. I walked in the corridor swiftly to lose him in the crowd. I saw the stairs to rooftop and aggressively climbed them making noise with each thump of my feet.

When I reached the rooftop I took in a much needed deep breath to calming my raging heart which was not due to the fact that I ran all the way here but because of the close proximity between me and Elijah. I had a hard time keeping my face straight as if his intoxicating smell did not affect me.

I leaned against the railing and looked at the sky. It was blue with white clouds shading us from the sunlight. The cold winter breeze passes through me giving my inner turmoil a calming sensation. The blue sky reminded me of my father's eyes. Blue with unfathomable depth. Thinking about him brings a pang of hurt. I look upward with a small smile reminiscing the days spent with my family.