"Just Finch"

Violet

The last wandering

Over a month went by. It took me some time to get used to this version of Finch.

He's different, but still the same kind of quirky. He's nice and aside from his stammering he's a smooth flirter. He's hopeful and he honestly gave me hope again as well.

It's kind of like I'm falling in love again, but this time with one of Finch's personas.

I thought of names for the persona, like "Emotional Finch", "Flirty Finch" and "Quirky Finch". But eventually I just landed on "Theodore Finch", no weird names, no different personas every once in a while.

Just Finch, Theodore Finch.

Finch has been released from the hospital about a week ago, so on day two of his freedom I decided it was time that we'd wander again. Within one week we wandered to Milltown for the shoe tree. On day three we went to see The World's Biggest Ball of Paint. Day four and five were for visiting The Pendleton Pike Dive-in and Our Lady of Mount Carmel Monastery.

To my surprise it was amazing wandering with Finch, just as amazing as it used to be.

Of course, it's different, but it's the same.

But the most amazing was that at every spot Finch left some message for me. Before he decided to drown himself he wandered, he left one message for me at every wander spot.

It made me sad and happy at the same time.

I would've seen them anyway, but lucky for me Finch was with me to see them.

It was lovely.

Today we're visiting the very last spot.

I found out that the random messages Finch was sending me in the past were refer to the places he has been wandering to for all that time.

I push Finch and his wheelchair while I wonder where we should go. We're in Farmersburg, just fifteen miles away from the Blue Hole. It's a small place, and I'm almost sure we didn't choose it together, back then.

"A lake. A prayer. It's so lovely to be lovely in Private," I quote Finch's message. "Do you know what you meant?"

Finch shrugs. "A c-church maybe?"

I nod. "I think so too."

We decide to ask around for churches and eventually get to the Emmanuel Baptist Church. We walk all the way there, past the highway. There it is, a smaller church, a lake close to it.

"I-is this the p-place, why a ch-church?" Finch asks, sometimes I forget we both barely know the Finch who chose this place.

I shrug. "I don't know. But this can't be the place."

It's not lovely at all, Finch couldn't have wanted me to see this.

"Y-yeah, but wh-where do we need t-to go o-otherwise?"

I shrug again, but keep walking. I push him up Private Road and eventually Finch points out a sign with: Taylor Prayer Chapel.

There's a lake really close to it.

"This must be it," I say and we go inside. It's quiet inside, empty.

"W-what now?"

I shrug. It's a nice place I guess. Tiny, but nice. Big windows all over the place and a big information block printed onto the wall.

I walk closer, it's the history of the church.

"Taylor Prayer Chapel was created as sanctuary for weary travelers to stop and rest along their way." I start reading the history out loud and after reading it completely I realize why Finch picked out this place for a last wander.

"You chose this for Eleanor." I look at Finch and smile sadly.

Finch adds, "And for y-you."

I look down, there's a bible and something is sticking out of it.

"What's this?" I mumble while I turn around the page.

Finch leans forwards and reads an underlined sentence. "Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky," Finch quotes the sentence. He looks behind himself, at me, a smile on his face.

I smile back.

I take a look at the envelope and read "Ultraviolet Remarkey-able". It's meant for me, but I hand it over to Finch.

"I want you to open it," I say, my hands shaking.

All of these offerings he left behind mean Finch was actually sure that he wouldn't be with me now. It's crazy. Because Finch is with me now.

Finch carefully opens the envelope and takes out three sheets of thick staff paper. One of them is covered in musical notes.

"Y-you said I played g-guitar, right?"

"Yes," I answer.

"I-I think I w-wrote y-you a song." He turns around to look at me, a sad smile on his face.

"That would be nice of you."

He folds open the papers and starts reading.

"You make me happy, whenever you're around I'm safe inside your smile..." No stammering at all, he really wants to make this lovely for me. "... You make me handsome, whenever I feel my nose just seems a bit to round. You make me special, and God knows I've longed to be that kind of guy to have around. You make me love you, and that could be the greatest thing my heart was ever fit to do..." I start crying. This is beautiful. I hear in Finch's voice that he's crying to. "...You make me lovely, and it's so lovely to be lovely to the one I love."

I sob and hug Finch from the back. I feel his hand holding mine, I hold his. "That was lovely," I cry. "You're lovely."

Finch is with me, his warm hands holding mine. His blue eyes comforting me.

I can't imagine standing here alone.

But I'm not alone.

Finch is with me.

The happy, handsome, special Finch.

The Finch I love.

And it's lovely.

The End

____________________________________________________

Thank you for reading my fanfiction!
I hope you enjoyed it! Let me know what you thought of it in the comments!
Love, ImmediatelyWriting <3

(6-3-2020)

If you think or want something to be add to the story or left away let me know, I might do a rewrite on this fanfiction in a few months if I get enough comments on this. So just let me know what you liked, would want me to add or leave away. Maybe you want another chapter, or think there's a part that should be added in the middel, something like that. 

Just let me know, I'd like to keep improving and I can use your help with that!

Love, Noa <3