When I Was Your Man

Okay, this song by Bruno Mars has been stuck in my head for a while so I'm going a one shot based on it. Video link above for those who haven't heard it

"Same bed but it feels just a little bit bigger now"

Draco tosses and turns, the emptiness and space unsettling to him. He groans and throws a pillow at the door. The bed remains empty except for him.

"Our song on the radio but it don't sound the same"

"We're counting down top ten love songs, number 9, Just The Way You Are," (I never realized how little love songs I listen to until now so I just went through my playlist and this is the first love song in English I found.)
"Her eyes, her eyes, make the stars look like they're not shining."
Hermiones chocolate brown eyes smile and laugh at him, taunting him at the back of his mind. He hadn't seen those eyes laugh at him in what seemed like forever. Even when he still had her, her eyes didn't smile at him anymore.

A hand smashes the radio and their song doesn't play anymore. The song that used to make him so happy.

"When my friends talk about you, all it does is just tear me down."

"Did you hear that Hermione got promoted again?" Blaise says. Pansy grins,

"Yeah, that girl works harder than anyone I've ever met."

"Thats why they call her the brightest witch of her age." Draco says monotonously as he walks in, his heart sinking at her name. Blaise and Pansy share a look.

"Sorry, mate, I know you don't like to talk about her." Blaise apologizes.

"Its fine. Why wouldn't it be fine? She's moved on and so have I." There's an edge in his voice, his hand shaking as he grips a coffee mug dangerously hard.

"Cause my heart breaks a little when I hear her name. It all just sounds like ooh, ooh ooh hoo hoo"

Hermione Granger. She's always being talked about. How successful she is. How smart she is. How happy she is.

Draco Malfoy. He used to be always talked about. How successful he was. How rich he was. Now, its all how heartbroken he is. How he hasn't moved on. How she has.

"Mm, too young, too dumb to realize
That I should have bought you flowers"

"Look, Draco, how beautiful those roses are." Hermione exclaimed as she and him walked down the street, past a small flower shop.

"They are quite beautiful." But that's all he said, as he kept walking past while Hermione lingered, staring at a bouquet she hasn't been bought for a while.

"And held your hand"

Hermiones small hand slipped into his. He smiled, but pulled away.

"Not here, love." He muttered as his coworkers mill around the party they were at. She sighs. She should be used to him refusing to be affectionate in public. Yet, it still hurts.

She walks off to the other side of the room, smiling softly at a familiar redhead.

"Hermione?" Draco says, looking around, but she's busy talking to someone else.

"Should have gave you all my hours
When I had the chance"

"Wanna go out tonight, Draco?" Hermione asks, "Harry and Ginny are throwing a party."