Chapter 5: Rough seas

It's been a couple weeks since me and Cherise first met. Kathy tried calling me about twenty times the past few days. I've finally learned to move on and, even though it was her idea in the first place, Kathy still can't move on. But this hasn't been the only milestone. I finally learned what the emotions I felt were. And of course like always, Andy was right, It was love. I've tried many times, unsucessfully of course, to tell Cherise about my feelings. I've sometimes even dreamed about her. Things have been less awkward though because I think she may even be in love with me as well. It doesn't change the fact that I'm a chicken.

It's early morning. Around six am to be more percise. Me and Cherise are sneaking out to go to thenpark to gaze out at the sunrise. Me and Cherise are sitting silently on a hill. Our hands are touching but she never noticed, that or she didn't mind. I look at her for a short glimpse. She seems so...different. Is it just now that I'm noticing her flowing red hair and her sparkling green eyes. She's way out of my league in the beauty department. I've got scruffy dyed blue hair and shitty brown eyes. I'm also chubby and she's thin, but not too thin. Kinda like a nice fluffy thin. And her teeth are so perfect. Suddenly Cherise scoots closer to me and puts her arm around me. I start blushing but I'm so shocked by this motion I don't notice. She leans in and whispers to me,

"Do you love me?"

I'm shocked but I do love her. I lover her alot. I nod my head yes because I'm speachless.

"Then I'm glad I met you," I was about to respond with the same statement but she leans in and kisses me. We sit there kissing for a few seconds when she gets up and pulls me up to my feet. She takes my hand and asks me to be her girlfriend.

"Of course!"

"You just need to do one thing for me,"

"Anything,"

"I need you to WAKE UP!"

I quickly sit up to find it was a dream. My brother Juvou is bouncing on my bed yelling over and over again, wake up. I kicked him off my bed but immediatly regreted that. I didn't notice my mom standing in the doorway looking sad.

"What's wrong mom?"

"We're moving back to Alabama,"

The moment the sentence left her mouth I became still and silent. Like I had turned to stone.

"I was fired because I caused a fire at the salon when I accidentally dropped a curling iron in one of the sinks. We can't afford to live here so we're moving back to Alabama,"

Again I sat the motionless, silent.

"I thought you'd be glad to hear the news so you could see Kathy again!"

"No! You and the boys can move back if you want but i'm staying RIGHT HERE!" I'd never yelled at my mom before. And I never would again.

"Alright, you want to stay her go ahead but we are moving back. I'll leave you one thousand dollars for now. But this means you need a job, a home, and you need to spend wisely!" I thought my mom was joking but I learned that week this was no joke.

Chapter 6 coming soon