『 Twenty Four 』

⋆✩⋆

⋆✩⋆

Jaemin came back to the table not mentioning anything about leaving the cafeteria or talking to anyone. Renjun felt his stomach churn with worry as he tried to push away any thoughts of doubt he had about Jaemin, knowing the boy could easily read his mind. Jaemin spent the rest of his time there staying quiet as he sat next to Renjun, occasionally sending glares at Mingyu before they all decided to go home.

Renjun jumped at the opportunity to go home with Jisung, Mark, and Jaemin, hoping he could have Jaemin all to himself to figure out if there was something suspicious going on.

"Alright, everyone has their seatbelt on?" Mark asked, looking at Jaemin and Renjun through his rearview mirror. Renjun sat in the middle of the backseat with Jaemin sitting to his right, behind Jisung who sat in the passenger's seat.

"You're like a mom when you're driving," Jisung said while buckling his seatbelt, along with the other two in the back.

Mark rolled his eyes at Jisung's comment as he drove out of the malls parking lot and onto the main road.

Jisung and Mark were sharing a conversation on the debate of if pineapple belonged on pizza while Renjun and Jaemin sat silently in the back. As Jaemin had his eyes focused out of the window, Renjun fumbled with the ring on his finger, his mind clouding with assumptions he hoped wouldn't be true as he watched cars pass by from the windshield.

Jaemin glanced over to the boy beside him, having heard everything the older was thinking.

"Renjun."

The said boy snapped his head in Jaemin's direction when hearing his somewhat foreign name. It felt weird hearing Jaemin say his name normally, unlike the usual given names he got from the younger.

"Yes?"

Jaemin looked into Renjun's eyes that were clouded with worry, feeling sorry for causing it. Giving Renjun a warm smile, he lifted his hand from his lap and reached for the older's cold ones, engulfing it in his warmth. Renjun stared at their hands not knowing what to think but letting it be since the warmth of Jaemin's hands was comforting.

~

Parking in the basement of their apartment building, they all got out of the car making their way into the elevator.

"Oh shit. Hey guys? I think I left something in the car. You go up without me, I'll be there in a few," Jaemin excused himself before taking Marks keys and leaving the elevator.

Renjun watched as the elevator doors closed, his mind instantly wondering what it was that Jaemin had left in the car or if he even left anything and is just taking the car to go meet up with that girl he met in the mall.

"Renjun! The elevators gonna close on you, come on."

Mark snapped Renjun from his thoughts, seeing that they already made it to their floor. He quickly stepped out of the elevator before it closed and made his way towards the apartment that was being held open by Jisung, who was waiting for the boy to come in.