03

yuchan and byeongkwan walk down the apartment complex's forest trail, making small talk as they enjoy the morning's chilly breeze and chirping of birds and other sounds coming from the wilderness around them.

"hey, byeongkwan? how'd you die?" yuchan asks suddenly. "i mean, you know how i died...so i just wanted to know how you did...too..."

"i killed myself." byeongkwan says bluntly.

yuchan widens his eyes. "really? why?"

byeongkwan shrugged. "let's talk about something else."

yuchan looks down at the gravel beneath them. "alright."

"oh. someone moved into my apartment." byeongkwan says, remembering the handsome man that had fallen asleep in the living room.

yuchan looks up at him and smiles. "woah, that's cool! what are they like?"

"i don't know too much, but he's handsome." byeongkwan gives yuchan the little information he knows about the black-haired male.

yuchan snorts. "i— really byeongkwan? that's all you know?"

"yeah, it's not like i can strike up a conversation with him or anything." byeongkwan points out.

"well, i want to fact-proof you. let's go see him." yuchan says, a smug smile on his face.

"he might still be sleeping. then again he fell asleep at nine pm." byeongkwan says mostly to himself.

"did you watch him sleep?"

byeongkwan widens his eyes, getting flustered. "no— of course not! what makes you think that?"

yuchan gives him a quizzical look and "hmm okay..." before turning back to the way they came from. "let's go."

byeongkwan nods frantically, following the other back to the apartment buildings.