Chapter 7

𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄: EDITED

𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝟏「𝙔𝙀𝘼𝙍𝙎」

𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝟏
「𝙔𝙀𝘼𝙍𝙎」

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

As years grew, so did Victoria. Still trying to master her control over all the elements. She felt like the avatar, and her new found realization that she could combine different attributes to create a new one made her feel invincible. Her relationship with William is only getting better and better, the two known to be inseparable all across the castle. Occasional visits from Maria and Matthew have become more frequent too, and she could not be happier.

And reaching her thirteen years of age, she can finally enter crystal academy. The setting of humble love, the otome game. Her paths would soon cross with the male leads and she cannot do anything about it. She shook her head at the thought. It's fine. Just as long as I don't upset the heroine or make any romantic advances to the targets, I'll be okay.

And besides, she is just thirteen years old, the most important thing she has to do right now is focus on her studies. Her newly found happiness soon left her face when she remembered a certain event that occurred during the years. The poor book she was reading was thrown across the room, a victim to her rage.

She is now engaged to someone. And it's none other than that prick Luke.

She questioned herself over the years as to why this happened. Victoria was never the fiancee of the prince, she was just in his route to be a hinderance for the player. They never had any binding connection other than their parents being close friends. But now...?

Her mind started spiraling. No, this is going to be bad. This will make it harder for the heroine if she plans on taking Luke's route. And the consequences of them getting together would be hell for me. The shame of being replaced as the companion of the prince, the aftermath if he decides to be violent like in the game.

What would happen to my family?

She thought that if she continued being mean to him, he would eventually back off. But it did the opposite, he visited more, and even seemed to be enjoying it. She groaned before hearing a knock on the door. Not even bothering to let them in or give an answer she collapsed on the bed.

In came the boy who caused all her torment. "You should really greet your fiance when he visits."

She glanced at him, mustering the hardest glare she could give. But the prince merely smiled, comical flowers shining in the background. "You really are an asshole, you know that right?"

He smiled before taking a seat beside her in her bed. "Yes. I have been called that many times by you these past few years."

"Then why do you still keep bothering me? I told you. I do not want a fiance."

He pulled up his legs to his chest, his chin settled on his knees. He smiled fondly at her tired figure. "Because I like you." She groaned again, repeatedly punching her pillow, making the boy laugh at the scene.