Chapter 16

𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄: EDITED

𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝟏「𝙍𝙐𝙁𝙐𝙎 𝘽𝙀𝙍𝙉𝘼𝙍𝘿」

𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝟏
「𝙍𝙐𝙁𝙐𝙎 𝘽𝙀𝙍𝙉𝘼𝙍𝘿」

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Next we have, The prince of Crystallia, Luke Celestee! Going up against the Prince of Aquarina, Rufus Bernard!" As the two walked into the center of the arena, both shaking hands, and Rufus wished Luke good luck. However it seemed to be with ill intent, for the expression that graced his face said otherwise.

"Ready... begin!"

The blonde raised his hand, allowing dozens of trees to grow in the area, hiding him from sight. "I knew you would do this!" Rufus yelled.

"You've always had a knack for not attacking directly." The trees begun to sway, their leaves flying in the wind.

"But what you don't know is that I've been training my whole life for this!" Rufus placed his hands on the grass ground. Summoning a large flood, due to the magic cast on the arena, the water did not overflow. Only allowing the body of liquid to become larger, making it appear to the audience as a huge fish tank.

The trees Luke grew now resembling seaweed from a distance, all while Rufus swam through the area, now with a mertail. Victoria let out a gasp at the sight. She remembered that citizens of the kingdom were capable of transforming into merfolk but this was her first time seeing it in person.

He started swimming around in an inhuman speed. searching for his opponent. He then stopped when he suddenly saw trees that were crowded, their leaves tangled against each other, as if they were hiding something. The boy swam closer, only for a tree brach to suddenly grab him. Rufus struggled but it was no use, he was stuck.

The trees leaves started slowly unlatching themselves from each other revealing the familiar blonde with green eyes. It was hiding someone. Luke swam up to the surface, with the brach that was holding Rufus doing the same. When they both reached the top, Luke gasped for air.

"Hah!" He gasped for air from holding his breath for that long. "Y-you really have gotten better..." he praised the Rufus who was still immobilized by the tree branch.

"But it's time for this to end..." The blonde lifted his hand, controlling the branch to send the bluenette out of bounds. Only for the prince to let out his last resort.

It was a spell he hasn't yet mastered, but he felt as if this was his only chance to win. The strong current made the branch release the him but soon enough, he too was caught in the current. His blue eyes watched as his childhood friend struggled, he felt guilty, but quickly shook his head and concentrated at the task at hand. Rufus pulled out his sword and waited for the perfect moment.

"Now!" and soon his vision, along with Luke's became black.

He heard noise. "-uke!" It wasn't clear. "-fus!" His body felt as if it would collapse any second. "Lu-!" His eyes slowly begun to open. "Ru-!"

"PRINCE!" He blinked softly. The scene of medics, his teammates, and Luke's teammates surround the now mud and unordered terrain.

"...and the victor is Prince Rufus Bernard from Aquarina!" He was trembling on the ground, his hands gripping the sword he implanted so he wouldn't get pulled back by the current. The opposite could be said for Luke. He wasn't that lucky, and didn't have enough time to think quickly, so he was the most injured out of the two.

He could see Luke's teammates, their faces filled with fear and worry for their friend. Rufus looked up from the ground, pain coursing through his body. He met eyes with his brother, who gave him a nod of approval, masking his concern. He turned to his father, the king who sat beside Crystallia's King and Queen.

While the King and Queen's expressions showed how they were concerned for their son. His father was the opposite, he was smiling widely, not even an ounce of care for how his son was injured. His eyes landed on the score board.

Crystal Academy Aquarina Academy
2 2

'A tie huh?... you better win this for us brother.'

Meanwhile, "I told you guys, I'm fine." Luke told his friends and family with a strained smile, only making them worry more. Luke was soon moved to the Clinic, to check on his injuries and to make sure he has a speeding recovery.

"I'm just mad that I have to share a room with this guy." He says while pointing towards William with a bored expression.

Making the other boy yell in retaliation. It made the adults and his friends loosen up a bit. "Well Victoria's duel will be tonight right?" The blonde boy asked his Mother and Father.

"Yes... honestly I don't know why they wanted it to be at night." the Queen sighed.

"I completely agree with you, how can they let my daughter fight in those conditions! She might stumble accidentally, breaking her knee just because she couldn't see in the dark!" Julie exclaimed, clutching the fabric of her husband's suit.

Everyone sweat dropped. 'Like stumbling could break a knee...' she thought bitterly.

"Victoria..." Luke spoke out gaining everyone's attention. "Good luck out there." He smiled sweetly, blush coating his cheeks.

She was shocked at the sudden change of mood, 'He's not usually like this...'

'but...'

"Thank you... Luke."