Chapter 6- My New Room

As we walked I noticed that the hallways were lined with posters advertising clubs and events at the school. One poster, in particular, caught my eye, The Dark Arts and Black Magic Research Club. 'I can understand a magic club, but that's just too specific.' Michelle must have noticed me staring because she asked. "Are you interested in a club?" I looked over at her for a moment and then quickly looked down at the floor, saying quietly. "Um no, I don't think so." Well if you ever do, let me know. I'm part of the Student Council, so I can put in a good word for you with the club ladders!" Michelle said enthusiastically. She stopped abruptly, saying . "Well here we are, this is your dormitory." We had stopped in front of a tall white building with large circular windows that protruded slightly from the walls.

I hadn't even noticed that we had left the school until just then. The outside walkway was lined with trees and bushes, with many intersecting walkways leading to other similarly designed buildings. 

"Think you'll need any help finding your room?" Michelle asked, hands held together behind her back. "Um, no I think I'll be ok, thank you for helping me," I said. "No problem, see you later! Oh and don't worry about today's classes, you should spend the rest of the day getting settled in." She said and waved goodbye. I waved as well and then headed inside. The place seemed to be empty. 'Everyone else should be in class right now so I should have this place to myself." I thought. I found the stairs and headed up. 'Top floor she said.' Three floors later I was at the top and started the hunt for my room. When I finally found it, I was surprised to see that the door was unlocked. I let myself. The room was empty aside from a bed, dresser, bedside table, and a desk. The standard living amenities. It didn't appear that I had any roommates. 'Lucky me.' I thought to myself.

------------------------

350 Words <3