Chapter 7- Settling In

I closed the door and walked over to the bed. Sitting down, I opened my backpack. There were several things in the bag that I didn't recognize. A long, skinny, wooden box. Several articles of clothing, two leather-bound books, and a cloth pouch. I took everything out of the bag and placed it on the bed. I decided to take a look at the clothes first.

 There was a dull purple sweater and a long black skirt as well as a pair of black high hell's. A thin light pink off the shoulders blouse, a black tank-top, a plaid miniskirt, and a pair of black mid-length boots with a pair of black stockings stuffed inside. A white business shirt, a black ribbon, presumably for a bow tie,  a black miniskirt, and a pair of school flats. And last but not least, a pair of pink short-shorts, a white wire tank top, and a pair of white bunny slippers.

'Is this all the clothes that this other me brought?' I thought to myself. Next, I decided to take a look at the pouch, which upon inspection turned out to be filled with money, white coins to be exact. They were smooth and shiny, and weighed about the same as plastic and had a light blue dot centered near the edge. They seemed almost electronic. Next up was the box. I picked up the small wooden box with care and slide the top of. Inside was an ornately carved wooden stick and a leather wooden holster, like the kinds, used to hold a gun. Thought seemingly built to hold the stick, which was clearly a wand. There was no doubt about it.

Next was the books. I picked up one of the books and flipped through it. At first glance, it looked like it was filled with cooking recipes, but the pitchers that went along with them were not of food, but instead of gems and herbs, feathers and caldrons, and other stuff that I didn't recognize. 'It must be a potion brewing book.' I thought to myself. 'I mean why not. If I have a wand why not a spellbook to go with it.' And that's exactly what the other book was, a spellbook. Thought it wasn't as long as the other book was. 

-------------------------------------------

387 Words <3