𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

(Warning: This is another long chapter! Hang in there. There's hidden messages that foreshadow multiple things that will happen in the future so PAY. ATTENTION. TO. EVERYTHING. Happy reading!)

••••••••••••••

Isis' POV

So like...I'm shook asf.

Thee BRYSON POTTS just FaceTimed me. Take that "Subaru"...or whatever his exes name is.

I texted my mom.

mommy. someone asked me out on a date tmr. PLS talk daddy into letting me go.😖i love you.

She probably won't get my message till later.

I slide back and went to go text Talia. I didn't feel like going into her room or calling her, especially if she was on FaceTime cupcaking it up. Didn't wanna interrupt their conversation.

you hungry? i can do UberEats or sumn or we can head out. im NOT picking up nun w/o you in the car so if you want sumn else you gotta come with🙄🥴

The three dots popped up, disappeared, then popped up again.

i think i want some chick fila👀

I groaned. I feel like I been driving all day.

no. matter a fact, we got leftovers in the fridge. momma made jerk chicken last night💗🇯🇲

I waited for her to respond.

ugh fine. let's finish it so maybe tmr we can get sumn to eat🙂

I liked her text.

makes perfect sense lil sis👏🏽💛

She liked my text and just then a message popped down. It was from my mom.

Hey peanut. I was able to get a little break in. Your dad gets off early so he'll come pick me up cause I gotta come right back later on. We'll be there for dinner though so we can talk then? Love you💗💗

I responded by simply saying, "Ok mom. Love you too💛."

I was lowkey a little annoyed. The way things go down in this house is I talk momma into talking my dad into letting me do things.

I steadily feel like a little ass kid. I mean I'm 18 for Pete's sake. My dad is just a tad bit overprotective.

Speaking of my dad. He just texted me.

Don't warm up anything in the fridge. Ya mom and I are picking things up👍🏼Love you Sissy

I hate that name with a passion. It was cute when I was like 3.

I turned my phone off and threw it on the floor.

"UGHHHHHHHHHGGGG"

"SHUT UP!" Talia screamed from down the hall.

That little girl stay wanting to catch these hands.

I ended up taking a nap and woke up to the doorbell ringing. I looked over at the time on my alarm clock. It was 8:06.

I hopped up, rubbed my eyes, slipped on my slippers, stepped over my phone that was still on the floor, and went to Talia's door and slowly opened it. She was sleep too.

I went downstairs and turned the alarm off and yelled "WHO IS IT?"

The doorbell rang a good 10 more times. Yup, gotta be dad.