𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓

Super sorry about the long wait. Everything was just super chaotic. Wrapping up my freshman year of college y'all! That sounds so wild considering I started this book back when I was in highschool but sorry for the wait I hope everyone's staying safe and healthy. Got some new books dropping as well!

P.S. I kinda just freehanded this. Started writing the beginning back in January and just now added the rest. Didn't know where I wanted to go with the rest of the story but I have a general idea of how things will go from here on out. We'll still focus on Bryson, but now there's another focus ;) Read to find out. Enjoy!

~

Isis' POV
————

I woke up to the sound of my Apple watch going off.

I rose up and looked around and remembered I was in Bryson's dorm room.

I looked next to me and he wasn't there.

I grabbed my stuff and started packing up, and jumped once I heard a slight knock at the bedroom door.

"Who is it?" I asked in my groggy, morning voice standing a few feet away from the door.

"Kenneth. Bryson's roommate. Can I come in for a sec?"

"Uh.. Sure I guess."

"Oh shit, my bad. You not dressed or something? I can wait."

"Nah you're good. You can come in."

I watched the door slowly open and saw his tall roommate there covering his eyes and peeked once he noticed I wasn't saying anything.

"Whew just wanted to make sure."

I smiled a little. "So what's up?"

"Bryson gave me the rundown of your schedule. He didn't tell me much, just said I should walk you to your classes...considering we have all the same classes."

"You've got to be shitting me. Are you forreal?" I gasped. "How did I miss you?"

"I was sitting towards the end of every row further in the back. I noticed you always sat up front. You were sitting next to that white boy in that one class. I always think it's so wild when white kids go to HBCU's."

I laughed. "They not really white."

"Nah they still are. They not allowed to say nigga, I don't care. But lemme know when you ready to roll out though. I usually stop at the caf to grab some food."

"Dang. I can't eat breakfast in the mornings. Messes my stomach up..." I scrunched my face.

"It's fine. I got food in my mini fridge. We can just head to class earlier."

"Sorry. We can still go so you can grab something."

"Nah. You good. I can always grab a snack before we head out."

"Bet. Can we head back to my dorm?"

"Ion think Bryson would like that.."

"Nigga." I rolled my eyes. "I need to get some new clothes and take a shower. I didn't bring anything with me. Duh. Plus you'd be coming with me anyways so it's fine. He's not my daddy."

"Oh shit. My bad." He chuckled. "Ian know what you was on, cause ian on all 'at. Thought you was tryna do sum else. Bryson's my dawg."

I laughed. "You've only known that nigga for a few months. Doubt you know what he's allergic to."