𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

Ok so boom! Here it is. The long awaited chapter 8 which is extremely long. Chapter 9 will hopefully be coming this weekend. Please excuse any spelling/grammar errors. I'll fix them once I actually read over what I wrote. Just wanted to get this posted ASAP so y'all could read it. This will begin the introduction to college friends in both cast lists as Bryson and Isis will be starting college soon. Well, I hope you enjoy! xx

~

Isis' POV

A few weeks have passed by and now it's finally graduation day.

This summer is lowkey going by fast as hell and I honestly don't know if I'm ready for college now.

As soon as I woke up I texted Bryson his lil mini good morning paragraph since he's been my "manz" for a minute now and got myself situated since I have to drive myself to my makeup appointment.

I picked a graphic tee, some Capri shorts, and some checkerboard vans and brushed my teeth and fixed my hair into a bun...one of my classic hairstyles.

After I washed my face and did everything else I went to check on Talia who was knocked out. Typical.

I then went down the hall to my parents' room and saw their light was on.

I knocked on the door and heard my mom say "Come in baby."

I opened the door slowly and saw my parents sitting up with their backs up against the bed board and were under the covers.

"Um...did I come in at a bad time?" I asked embarrassingly.

My dad chuckled. "No babygirl. We were just up talking about you."

"All good things I hope." I plopped on the bed.

"Of course mamas. We just can't believe our first born is about to go to college and so far away from us at that." My mom replied.

"Ugh, it's only like a 3 hour drive from Tennessee to Atlanta. It's not like I'm gonna completely go ghost." I explained.

"We know. We just want you to be safe." My dad consoled.

"I know, I know." I sighed deeply. "Anyway, just wanted to tell y'all I was getting ready to head to my makeup appointment."

"You're not gonna wear your graduation dress?" My mom asked.

"Didn't want it to get messed up from the makeup ya know. Plus I just gotta step into my dress anyway and have someone zip it up."

"Makes sense. Well when you get back I can help you with that."

"Thanks mommy." I smiled and hopped up and gave them both a kiss on their foreheads. "Oh yea and also we have to start preparing for the orientation and the summer program for freshmen at Clark soon."

My dad nodded and watched me walk towards their door. "Already bought plane tickets and found a nice hotel. We know you're ready to leave and all, but the orientation isn't unt-"

"The fall semester is about to start." I finished for him. "I know, I know. I'm just so so excited, but I don't wanna be late for my appointment." I got up from the bed and walked towards their door.

"We don't want you to either." My dad smiled. "Bye babygirl. Don't forget to turn the alarm on and lock up."

"I won't." I smiled and closed their door back and jetted down the stairs and put the alarm on.