xiv

Lisa

It's been weeks since our members knows about us. So far, non of them seems to be disturbed by it. Well, only to Jennie to us. Not that she's showing it, but I can feel it. To any possible way, she would distance herself to me. I tried to talk to her in private, just the two of us to clear things. She wouldn't.

During fan sign events, she acts like nothing's wrong. She'll let me to hold her hand, let me act cutesy with her, let me mess around with her, but without cameras and the crowd, we're strangers.

We still have our promotions in our Japanese mini album going on, Jisoo unnie already said we should talk, Joohyun has been checking out whether we already did it but my answer would still be the same. We haven't and it's like it's Jennie who doesn't want it to happen.

It hurts to my jaw to fake a smile as always. One of SM artists has passed away. It's shocking to the whole industry to hear such news. It's another downfall happened to everyone, to the fans. It should serve as a lesson.

As we finished our Japanese broadcast live, it's still dreadful to think about to what's happening back in Korea. Days of stay in Japan helped somehow. To refreshen our head, going to one country is a need for relaxation. Im even thinking of taking Joohyun for a vacation. I hope she can finally have a break soon.

Jennie and I , still never talked. Jisoo and Chaeyoung are the one who's always gotten in between. In any chances I get, Jennie would always , like always find a reason to escape. Sometimes if she's out of it, she'll say dumb things such as she needs to video call kuma first. Her hair is frizzy, she needs to shower even though she just finished a halfbath. I just let her slid away coz I know she still doesn't want it. And I don't wanna insist too. As long as this only stays to us, the blinks not not noticing it, then it's okay.

Back in Korea, Joohyun and I decided to meet. She rented a whole night cinema to open for us in early morning. When I say early, it's too early same time to how we usually meet.

She shared that she's not really fond of watching movies. But since I want to try what movie dates feels like, she agrees.

Hiding in my beanie, hoodie and faded jeans, plus a mask on, I waited for Joohyun outside. The chips are on me and instead of typical sodas, I have two coffee in a plastic cup. Winter has fallen, and the cold has gotten much worst by day.

I smiled as I spotted a familiar van, Joohyun and her manager has a little talk that I hide a little bit not to get noticed. After a while, probably saying all those keep safe words, Joohyun wave a hand at my direction. She already know it's me huh. I could only answer smile.

The one who operates looks sleepy as heck, he didn't even look at us that long. He just made sure to confirm if the one who rented the place was really Joohyun. And it's like a two minutes of confirmation then he let us in. The screen is still off, even the lights so I had to use my phone to look away for the way.

We sits on the center aisle. The man has yet to operate something that Joohyun and I had our moment of asking 'how's everything.'

We're snuggling, cuddling like we hadn't seen each other for ages. If it weren't the blasting sound from the movie playing, we could've been enjoy talking more rather watching. I let my head to fall to her shoulder. I have to cover my eyes whenever bloody scenes happens. I literally ask myself why I chose a mystery thriller rather to those cliché love stories.

Joohyun would just chuckle to it. She's enjoying so much. Though as for me, I enjoyed more being this close to her, hearing her laugh and to see how focus she is. She even stated who's her prime suspect while I have no idea where the movie has going to.