The Phone Call

Fandom: Mr. Love Queen's Choice

Pairing: Lucien x Reader

Summary: A phone call leads to something more

Call me tonight.  After you get in bed.

You sat on the side of the bed. What did you wear for something like this? Should you put on pajamas like you were actually going to bed? No, there was definitely something more implied. It wasn't even suggestive. It was downright direct.

Should you just get naked? Or maybe you should put on some lingerie. Ugh, this was ridiculous. It was on the phone, it wasn't like he could actually see you. Oh God, what if he asked what you were wearing?

You jumped when your phone started buzzing from where you had placed it on the desk, vibrating across the surface.  Instinctively, you looked at it, seeing the name 'Lucien'.  You watched it bounce around, pounding against the wood top of the desk, finally stilling, only replaced by the pounding of your heart.

Of course it was him.  Who else would be calling you this late at night? You had been turned on all day anticipating this moment, but now that it was actually here, your were more nervous than anything. 

After a slight amount of freaking out, you grabbed your phone, calling him back. He answered on the first ring, like he had just been sitting there staring at his phone. Which he probably was, quite honestly, but you kind of loved that he didn't wait for it to ring twice, and you weren't sure if he didn't care that you knew how eager he was, or if he really just couldn't wait.

"I thought you weren't going to call," he said.

"I was. I was just changing."

"Well, that's a lovely visual," he said, in that sexy voice of his, it was already sending tingles up your spine. You braced yourself for that 'what are you wearing' question, looking at yourself in the mirror in the casual dress you had worn out to dinner because you couldn't decide what to actually put on. But you were surprised when he asked, "How was your day?"

"What?" You asked, eyebrows raising despite the fact that he couldn't see you and you cringed at the sound of your voice, knowing that it revealed your disbelief at what he was asking.

"What? I'm not allowed to ask my girlfriend how her day was?"

You couldn't help the smile and the delicious wave of warmth that went through your body at that word. And every time he called you his girlfriend, all you could think of was that meant he was your boyfriend.

"Of course you are," you said, starting to stumble over your words like you knew you would, "I just thought..."

You could hear him make a little noise, and you couldn't tell if his breath was hitching in his throat or if he was trying not to laugh, "What? You thought...?" You could tell just from the sound of his voice that he had the corners of his lips turned up and was holding back a smile. "So," he said in a sing-song voice, "How was your day?  How was work?"

"Oh, just the same old stuff," you said, twirling a strand of hair around your finger.

"Really?  Nothing interesting happened?"

"Nope," you said.

"Did you think about me?"

"Maybeeee...." you drew out the word coyly, switching your phone to the other hand so you could open up the balcony door for a little fresh air.  It was starting to feel incredibly warm in that room.

He chuckled into the phone, and it felt like he was right there, body vibrating against yours. "So, what else did you do today?" he asked.

You couldn't help but laugh, "Lucien, you were with me practically all day."