6

~Hera's POV~

When I woke up on Monday morning, it was to the sound of my phone ringing obnoxiously loud, practically screaming at me to wake the hell up.

I grabbed my phone and answered the call without looking to see who it was, holding the phone up to my ear. "Hello?" I groaned, rubbing my eyes. The sun beamed into my room through my bedroom window, making me cringe in disgust as the bright light settled upon my tired eyes. I wasn't ready to be awake yet. "Uh, hello?" I heard Luke respond back, confusion in his voice. I paused and peeled my eyes open again immediately, surprised. "Luke?" I asked into the phone, as if I didn't already know. The slight remainder of his Australian accent as he spoke seemed to be even thicker over the phone. "That's me." He confirmed with a heavy sigh. "Were you seriously still sleeping, Hera? It's twelve PM." He said.

"Don't patronize me. I had a photo shoot late last night." I muttered, sitting up in bed with a little reluctance. He brushed off my words. "You realize that I've been standing outside your door for ten minutes, waiting for you to answer?" He asked, causing me to blink in surprise. "No, I didn't. What are you doing here?" I gasped, scrambling out of bed.

I almost went to run downstairs before I remembered that I was completely naked, causing me to hiss to myself as I turned around and hurried back into my room. "You're quite bad at this, you know. You're the one who told me your manager wanted me to be seen coming to your house." He reminded while I scrambled to find something to put on. "I'm not bad at this!" I gasped, offended. He just hummed in response through the phone. "Well, I'm sure the paparazzi will have many pictures of me just standing outside your door for ten minutes, so we'll see about that." He retorted, to which I huffed.

Unable to find something quick and easy to pull on, I eventually grabbed the silky white robe that I had hung up on my bathroom door, pulling it on and then tying it shut quickly. "Are you coming to answer the door or what?" He sighed, right as I darted out of my bedroom. "I am coming right now!" I snapped, not liking how impatient he was being with me. I rushed down the stairs and hung up the phone, hoping I didn't look like too much of a mess. I hadn't even gotten to take a shower or get properly dressed.

An embarrassed blush coated my cheeks as I unlocked the front door, though that itself had taken me a while to do. I didn't want anyone to see me in the morning, looking like an orc from lord of the rings. The second the door was open, I grabbed Luke by the front of his shirt and yanked him inside, slamming the door shut before locking it. If there were paparazzi outside, they were not getting any pictures of me. Not while I looked like this, anyways.

Luke pulled away from me and smoothed a hand down his shirt, stepping away from me. "Took you long enough." He murmured, causing me to sigh deeply as I turned around. "I was tired, okay? I forgot that you were coming over." I sighed, shaking my head as I walked past him. He looked me up and down, his brows raised. "What are you wearing a robe for?" He asked, chuckling to himself. "I sleep naked." I said simply, shrugging my shoulders as I walked around him and into my living room. "Stay down here. I need to go take a shower and get dressed." I said to him, already heading up the stairs and leaving him down in the living room.

Although I tried to make my shower as quick as possible, I ended up being in there for about twenty minutes. Finally, when I did get out, I made sure to keep myself wrapped in a towel as I exited the bathroom. My room was empty, but I still felt a little on edge when there was essentially a stranger downstairs. Luke and I still weren't really friends. We knew nothing about one another.

I got dressed in a rose gold slip dress that had lace trim along the neckline, pulling on the matching robe that went with it, lace along the ends of the sleeves. When I was dressed, I headed back downstairs and, luckily, I found that Luke was waiting patiently on the couch where I'd left him. "Okay, sorry." I sighed out the apology and stepped off of the last step onto the floor, walking over to him. "So, what are we going to do while you're here?" I asked, curious. He peered at me for a second and then shrugged. "Whatever you want." He said, narrowing his eyes at me in thought. I sat down beside him on my couch and cocked my head to the side slightly, trying to think of something.

Luke and I weren't really friends still, so I wasn't sure what to say or do. "Maybe we should just get to know each other more?" I suggested lamely, cocking my head to the side. We were going to have to be fake dating for probably a couple of months, and I figured it would go smoothest if we knew about one another and were friends.

I curled my legs up on the couch and peered up at him, biting my cheek. "You can ask first, then, I guess." He muttered, shrugging his shoulders.

"Okay. When's your birthday?" I asked, running a hand through my dark brown hair. I pulled the sleeves on my robe over my hands more as I looked at him, covering my fingers. "July sixteenth." He answered, stretching his legs out in front of him. His blue eyes were filled with curiosity as he glanced over at me, those long legs of his spread wide. It was as if the man thought he owned the place or something. "When's your birthday?" He asked back, cocking up a brow.

"April ninth." I answered, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear. He let out a soft hum. "Do you have any siblings?" He asked, to which I'd shook my head. "No. I've always wanted an older brother or sister, though." I admitted, pouting. It had always been kind of lonely growing up when I was a kid, precisely because I had no siblings. "What about you?" I asked, curious. "Yeah. Two brothers." He answered, nodding his head. "Lucky." I pouted, causing him to snort and shrug. "I guess." He hummed. I smiled and sat up a little more, turning to face him so that I could see him more head on. "So if you don't like modeling, are there any hobbies you have that you do like? You know, passions?" I asked, raising a brow at him.

"I mean, I like to read. I don't really have time for hobbies." He admitted, shrugging his shoulders. "Don't you have days off, though?" I asked, frowning. He nodded his head, peering down at me. "Of course," He murmured, arms crossed over his broad chest. "But I usually take those days to hang out with friends or go to clubs." He explained, biting his lip. "Really?" I asked, perking up at the mention of a club. I had always liked to go clubbing, but I didn't get to go often. "Maybe we could go clubbing together sometime." I suggested hopefully. To my surprise, he smiled back at me. "That sounds good to me." He agreed smoothly, running a hand through his curls.

He and I continued to ask one another questions, talking back and forth for the next few hours. By the time we both ran out of questions to ask one another, I was glad to say that I actually felt much more comfortable with him than I had when he first got here. However, when we both finished talking with one another, it was nearing five PM and I was beginning to get hungry. Not only that, but my back was starting to hurt from just sitting in one position on this couch all day. "Do you want to stay? I was going to make dinner." I offered, standing up off of the couch and peering down at him.

Luke cocked his head to the side and spread his legs again as I stepped in front of him, his bright blue eyes staring up at me. I had never even once thought it was possible for someone to have such beautiful eyes. They were like crystal blue pools of water. He was so handsome. It was no wonder at all why he was so successful as a model.

"Depends." He said, snapping me out of my thoughts. "What are you going to be making?" He asked, curious. I hummed and tried to think of something that I hadn't made for myself in a while. I liked to cook for myself, so I really only ate fast food once a week or once every two weeks. Of course, that was before Luke and I had started "dating." It seemed that I'd be going to restaurants a lot more often than normal, which was okay. I didn't mind eating at restaurants or anything. I just didn't go very often because I didn't want to go alone, so I cooked much more often than I went to a restaurant.

Suddenly, an idea popped into my head and I perked up. "I could make my chicken fajita pasta. It's really good, I promise." I chirped, giving him a big smile. He looked at me with a little smile up on the edge of his full, pink lips. "Chicken fajita pasta, huh?" He asked, peering up at me through his lashes. I grinned and nodded. "Yeah, yeah. I made them one time for my friend, Ace, and he really liked them. I promise they're good." I said, hoping he would stay. I didn't get to make dinner for people very often at all but I loved to.

"Alright, then." He chuckled, standing up off of my couch. I stepped back in surprise, alarmed by the sudden proximity in which he stood to me. "You'll stay?" I smiled. He lightly nodded my head and I beamed at him, taking off the robe that was on me. "Great. I'll go make dinner." I chirped, tossing the robe onto the couch before I skittered into the kitchen.

After I finished making dinner, which only took about thirty minutes, I made myself a plate and one for Luke as well. When I handed it to him when I reached the living room, he sent me a little nod of his head and I sat down beside him. He took a bite and I tried to be subtle as I watched his face, but his expression gave nothing away.

However, the way he scarfed the rest of it down said plenty.