💙Eleventh time💙

Being ignorant does not means you will be invisible to pain.

• • •

Regina’s eyes were still like a water but seemingly deep as she stares down at Miyuki. Despite being already at the age of fifty four years old, Regina still looked more young than her age and full with vitality. Regina were just sitting with a hand support her cheek and staring quietly at Miyuki; but also were giving an expression to others as if in audience of a Queen. That’s just how strong Regina’s aura are.

Perhaps before, Miyuki might cowered in fear a little due to being intimated by her grandmother’s strong presence. However now is different, as Miyuki knows that her grandmother merely trying to show her that being weak is not a choice for someone like them and at the same time being ignorance to oneself is a completely stupid thing to do.

So, Miyuki stand straight and proudly as she warmly looking straight to her grandmother eyes while smiling; small but genuinely from her heart as she deeply happy to see her grandmother.

Regina’s eyes glint in understanding before she looked back down to the paperwork that covered her study desk.

It was quiet for a moments before Miyuki started to speak.

“Good afternoon, grandma Regi”

Regina only hummed in answer. She completely focus on her paperwork without any break. Yet Miyuki doesn’t felt offended at all as she just standing quietly, afraid to disturb her grandmother.

However to others is different, the old butler that standing behind Miyuki almost wanted to grab his white hair in frustration as he watch Madam Regina was ignoring her granddaughter.

“Madam, can’t you just stop working for a moment?! Young miss Miyuki wants to meet you on her own will for the very first time”

Regina looked up suddenly and glared at the old butler, as if she could hear his internal words. The old butler jumped in shock a little as he’s cough lightly and turn his head to look the side corner in silence. Standing stiffly and pretending to be a statue.

Regina scoffed lightly at her old butler, then looked back at her granddaughter. Before, her granddaughter only comes to meet her when there’s something to ask about the business or when Regina called her to come and at that time, she just left as soon it is over. Regina barely had a proper conversation with her granddaughter. But Regina began to notice something different about Miyuki when she ten years old. Even though, she acts just the same as before but Regina knew that in Miyuki’s eyes only filled with deep despair and the little hope that she kept in her heart were gone.

Regina was not soft-spoken person or a motherly type of person, she had stand strong before all criticism and such but she doesn’t know how to properly give a few words of comfort and a support to others. She could only sternly tell her granddaughter to be more strong but nothing changed for two years now. When she thought it might take longer for her granddaughter to realize, Miyuki suddenly comes and standing in front of her now; proudly and looking straight at her for the first time.

At first, her mind still in disbelief but as Regina looked back and saw the determination and strength on her granddaughter eyes, Regina can’t help but her heart softened in relief. However despite her feeling, Regina’s face still stern-looking as she said in a mocking tone.

“It seem you’ve already understand. For a stupid kiddo, I’ve thought it would took a forever”

Miyuki just laugh a little as she clearly saw her grandmother eyes softened for moment before become stern back. Miyuki knew that her grandmother actually relief for her finally able to understand what she supposed to do all this time.

Miyuki then replied while smiling softly.

“Wasn’t it a bit harsh, grandma”

Regina only snorted at her words.

“Whatever. So what do you want?”

Miyuki answered without any hesitation.

“A key

I’ve never experienced any of those family’s love. That’s why I’ve became greedy. At first, I’ve prepared to be thrown away by my family. So I tried not to hope anything. But still deep in my heart, I had hope that they would love me. Even it just a little bit, I was hoping for them to look at me. And at some point I felt lonely and sad. I don’t know why I can’t distant myself from them. At least I wouldn’t hope for anything.

But now it’s different, I need a key to escape from this glided caged. A key that I had to made but I need my grandmother’s help to shape it. That’s why I’m standing here and that’s why I mustn't back down!

Miyuki’s eyes began to flare in determination as if it could actually lit a raging fire that can swallow everything. 

Regina surprised for a moment at Miyuki’s answer and her determine eyes before laughing out loud; surprising the old butler that tried to erase his presence while Miyuki only standing still, waiting for her grandmother to answer back.

After awhile, Regina stop and felt a little refreshed after laughing. She then glared at her granddaughter and smirked in triumph; “Very well, however be prepare because I will not show any mercy”

Miyuki doesn’t feel any intimidation as she only felt an exhilaration running through her veins and heart at that moment. And she knows that moving forward is only the answer she want and need.

“Yes”