Left in The Dark

Special thanks to Monsterfan50 at deviantart for providing the perfect Monster Au that inspired this story. I always was one to experiment with Alternate Universe stories especially monster ones! Enjoy!

Welcome to Rotten Woods, a peaceful and friendly commute... If you're a monster that is. Because in this place, monsters and myths live. A place where chaos is normal, a perfect commute to one particular family: The Louds.

"Do you believe in ghosts? Well, you better! I'm Spector Hunter and I'm going to cover the most scariest places in the world starting with the Basement! Sunday night at 8 PM! Don't miss it, or you'll be left in the dark!"

House Haunters is a show about professional ghosts terrorizing humans. Every ghost dreams of becoming professionally scary. Espicially one ghost name Lincoln.

"It's finally here! The live season premire of the greatest show ever!"

Lincoln celebrated before looking at the camera and talked to the readers. Which oddly enough wasn't the weirdest part of this story.

"All right, I know you're probably saying to yourself 'Lincoln, with ten sisters, there's no way you're going to get to watch your favorite show.' And, you'd be right. Every Sunday at 8, it's the same thing."

And he wasn't kidding either, if you live in family of 10 different monsters you can expect fighting over everything. Escpecially the remote. But Lincoln was a very special specter. He always has a plan to be one step ahead.

"But tonight's gonna be different!" With that he pulled out his walkie talkie and contacted his friend. "Cadet Lincoln calling Cadet Clyde, do you read me?"

On the other side of the walkie talkie was Lincoln's friend, Clyde. He's was a voodoo zombie with special traits. He was strong yet gentile, rude yet kind, and he always carried his soul in a jar to keep his will.

"This is Cadet Clyde, totally psyched to watch the season premiere of House Haunters with you! Seperately of course."

"Right." He then turns to the readers to explain. "Most voodoo zombies are created by witches' magic. Not Clyde, but he has a huge crush on one witch in particular: my sister Lori. So we decided to watch the premiere in seperate houses so it wouldn't be awkward."

On Clyde's side, he was fawning over a poster of Lori. "Hubba hubba."

"Are you looking at a picture of Lori again?" Lincoln spoke from the walkie talkie and Clyde quickly tore up the poster and threw it away.

"Nope!"

"Okay then! It's time to put Operation Distract My Sisters So That I Can Get to the TV First and Watch the Special Live Season Finale House Haunters and Think of Shorter Name For This Operation into action."

Lincoln floated through the door and got into the hallway. Where he foud his first obstacle: Lola and Lana. Two twin sister as different as salt and fresh water. The mermaid on the right was Lola who was both adorable and dangerous. And the swamp creature on the left was Lana who loves anything dirty or muddy or who can eat bugs.

"Cartoons! Cartoons! Cartoons! Cartoons!" The twins chanted. Lincoln knew just how to keep them at bay.

"Did someone say underwater tea party?" He said holding a tea party kit and a box of barnicle chip cookies. Lola squealed in joy at the idea. She just loved tea parties. "EEE! Thank you, Lincoln!" She dashed off with the things and dove back to her tank. Lana on the other hand did not like tea parties or anything girly.

"Hey, I don't want to be part of some dumb old tea party, I want to watch TV!" The swamp creature protesed.

But Lincoln knew what she liked. "Not even if these guys were invited?" He said pulling out two frogs behind him.