Chapter 10

"Rachel will be here at 7," Liza confirmed, pulling her papers together in a pile and stuffing them into her black leather brief case. "She is excited to watch Patrick for the first time."

"Thank you, see you at 6:40, then?" P asked quietly.

Liza nodded, patted little Patrick's curled hand, and hurried out of the residence. P smiled at her dozing son, rousing him gently so he wouldn't fall asleep too early. She and Bobby were holding a dinner in honor of the leading fashion designers in America, as well as in allied countries. It was a dinner P had been looking forward to for months, and it meant a lot Bobby was taking time out of his schedule to be there as well.

Little Patrick was only a bit over a week old, and had brought a great amount of joy to P. The White House staff fawned over him, and she had been visited by family and friends from all over America. Time Magazine was running a whole issue on the birth of a baby in the White House- the first time since Jacqueline Kennedy gave birth to a baby boy (similarly named Patrick), who sadly died shortly after his birth.

P and Poppy's simultaneous births were the talk of the globe. Every time P clicked on the news, it was a story being run about either woman, or both. Their close, international friendship was rare, and people couldn't get enough of it.

A buzzing came from the kitchen counter, and P hurried to answer her phone.

"Hello?"

"P! Hi!"

"Poppy," P grinned. "How's being a mom?"

"Oh, it's so amazing. I can't believe it's possible to love a person this much, let alone two!"

P laughed. "It seems like the press can't get enough of the fact that the heir to the throne has a twin!"

"It is pretty rare," Poppy laughed. "And Patrick is one of few I hear as well."

"Yes, he is only the third baby in the history of the United States to be born in the White House!" P glanced down at her baby and smiled. "I have gotten 11,000 letters of congratulations, and they are still counting," she added.

"Same at the Palace!" Poppy sighed. "Everyone wants to let me know how happy they are for me."

P noticed a tinge of despair in Poppy's voice. "Whats wrong?"

"I have bad news about Alfie. We aren't going to announce it for a while- but he's a hemophiliac."

"Like, thin blood?" P asked.

"He can bleed out internally from a bruise," Poppy added sadly.

"It's genetic, correct?" P asked.

Poppy sniffed. "Yes."

P had learned in school that back in the days that the Royal family 'kept it in the family' hemophilia was common.

"Well, I'm sure it's something you will be able to manage. It will take some time getting used to things, but I know you can do it!"

Poppy laughed light heartedly. "I hope you're right!"

"My sister in law is in England, you know," P said to change the subject. "For the opening of a park, I believe."

"Yes! The Michael Patrick Conoroy Memorial Park. I had a little something to do with that," Poppy said kindly.

"Thank you so much, it is nice to know he will be remembered," P said distractedly, thinking of her strange attack before Patrick was born.

"Oh, P- I have to go. The babies are crying!"

"That's alright, I'll see you soon! We are flying over to your half of the globe for Patrick's baptism."