004.

"Nietzsche once said, "Man is as a rope, stretched between the animal and the super human, a rope over an abyss. It is a dangerous crossing, a dangerous looking-back, a dangerous trembling and halting," Reginald recited. Then Vanya blew the whistle so the seven children at the bottom of the stairs could start their training.

"As much as you must strive for individual greatness, and strive you must, for it won't come to you of its own accord. You must also remember, that there is no individual stronger than the collective."

They all ran up the stairs as fast as they could, Deigo leading. Five used his powers to spatial jump in front of everyone. (Y/N) used her power to make it seem as though the stairs moved, making everyone stop. Suddenly, she was head.

"That's not fair, (Y/N)'s cheated!" Diego yelled.

"Number Eight adapted," Reginald corrected.

"The ties that bind you together, make you stronger than you are alone."

(Y/N) cried, hugging Klaus as she had just gotten her Umbrella Academy tattoo. It hurt like hell. And seeing (Y/N) cry made Five's heart hurt. Though he hadn't gotten his yet, he stood up and walked over to (Y/N).

"It'll be over soon," He whispered while pulling her into a hug. Klaus let her go, knowing how much she cared for Five.

"Number Five, leave Number Eight be," Reginald scolded.

"I have to go," Five whispered. (Y/N) nodded as Klaus pulled her back into his embrace.

"They will make you impervious to the pain and hardship the world will thrust upon you. And believe me when I tell you, life will be hard. It will be painful."

Vanya stood at the top of the staircase, watching her siblings get tattooed. She took a black marker and drew the tattoo on her wrist.

"We can accomplish anything if we accept responsibility together. This is what creates trust.

Reginald visited all of the Umbrella Academy's room that night. At a fist glance, it would seem that he cared for his children. But he was just hooking wires up to them. So he could calculate their brain activity.

"Together, you will stand against the reign of evil."

Vanya was the first of us to go. I sat at the table with Klaus as Five searched the shelves. Allison walked in the room we were all in.

"Where's Vanya?" Allison left.

"She left not too long ago," (Y/N) answered, playing with the edges of her sweater.

"Yeah, she's gone," Klaus said.

"That's unfortunate," Five said, sitting down next to (Y/N), "An entire square block, 42 bedrooms, 19 bathrooms, but no, not a single drop of coffee."

"Dad hated caffeine," Allison said.

"Well, he hated children, too, but he had plenty of us," Klaus laughed.

"We're taking the car," Five said.

"We're?" Klaus asked, confused, "Where are you going?"

"(Y/N) and I," Five clarified, "And I'm going to get a decent cup of coffee."

"Do you even know how to drive?" Allison asked.

"You're taking my darling (Y/N) away from me?" Klaus pouted.

"I know how to do everything," Five said, "And yes, I am."

"I'll see you later, Klaus," (Y/N) said while standing up.