Chapter 22 (The End)

3rd person POV

Days......weeks passed, yet still no sign of Meg waking up. Gavin lost a tiny piece of hope everyday she didn't wake up, but always had the slimmest of hope that she would wake up.

He never left her side willingly. He had to be forced out of the hospital by the guys, usually Geoff. He wasn't the same goofball he always was around the office before the accident, he'd never be caught smiling with no reason anymore. His laugh sounded different, forced, not genuine anymore.

The fans were told about the accident, and they were all very devastated about it. Some would send in 'get well' cards or little trinkets for Meg. Some would tweet her everyday saying how they were praying for her, not like she saw them anyway. Others kept apologizing to Gavin, which he didn't get.

"Saying 'I'm sorry' isn't going to help Megs condition. It's not like they cause the accident anyway." He would often think. He was bitter and depressed most of the time nowadays. The only time he had the tiniest piece of genuine happiness was when he was with the twins, but with Alice resembling Meg so much, even that hurt a little.

But nothing hurt more then when he would visit Meg in the hospital. He would talk about his day, tell her how everyone was doing at the company and how much they needed her to wake up. And, of course, he'd talk about the twins.

"Isaac took his first steps today. I was watching him and Alice play when he just stood right up and walked over to Smee to pet him! Too bad you couldn't see it." he said sadly, yet a tiny bit excitedly. "You've got to wake up soon. You're missing so much...." he begged.
"Everyone misses you. I miss you." he finished, being enveloped in a pained silence.

"Gav. Come on, let's go." Geoff said, suddenly popping his head through the door. Gavin knew it was worthless to try and convince him to let him stay, so he stood up slowly.

"I love you." Gavin said softy, and kissed Meg's forehead, only getting silence as a response. He let go of her hand and walked out behind Geoff, who drove them to his house.

Gavin had been staying there ever since Michael once walked in on him cutting. He couldn't stand not having Meg there, so he used self-harm as a relief. Now he understood why it was so hard to give up, why Meg would turn to it as a relief. It helped. Maybe for only a second, but it helped. Because for that minuscule second the mental pain was gone, and all you focused on was the blade and your wrist.

When they got to the house Gavin went straight to his old room, which still looked the same as when he had moved out from Geoff's house. The twins also were at the house, but right now Griffion was feeding them in the kitchen. He could hear Griffion and Geoff talking is whispers from down the hallway, but decided to ignore them.

"Gavin?" He heard come from the door. He opened it, and there standing there was Griffion.

"Are you hungry?" She asked gently, a look of slight fear in her eyes.

"What does she expect me to snap at her?" Gavin thought, suddenly realizing just how bitter and reckless he had been for these past few weeks. His eyes softened, and he nodded slightly. Griffion seemed to perk up, dragging him inside the kitchen and handing him some food.

He saw the twins, and felt his heart twist in a weird way. "They're your kids. You haven't even been taking care of them. It may be hard without Meg, but you need to stay strong for them." A voice in his head reasoned with him.

The voice was right, Gavin decided. If he continued to neglect his own kids he'd be missing out like Meg. He needed to be there for them. If they can't have a mother, then they at least need a father.