Chapter 1: Return of the Darkness

1 year after the defeat of MaloMyotismon...

"Child, you are wanted here..." a voice echoed.

"Wh-What?"

"Return...return and...become our...queen..."

"It's you again! Stay Away!"

"Return..."

"AAGH!" 14-year-old Kari Kamiya woke up in a cold sweat. She breathed heavily, and brush her chesnut brown hair from her brown eyes.

"Kari?" asked a voice. It was her 17-year-old brother Tai. He had hair like his sister, only it was bigger and he didn't wear bangs. (Duh!) "Come on, sis, snap out of it!"

"Sorry, Tai," she murmured. "It was just a dream."

"I've heard that before, Kari," came another voice.

"The darkness is over with, Gatomon," she smiled. Gatomon was Kari's Digimon partner, a white purple-striped cat with gloves on her two front large-clawed paws. She had found her when she was 8.

"I dunno," frowned a concerned Tai. "Gennai told us that the darkness will never be fully conquered."

"I guess," sighed Kari. "What time is it?"

"its four am," Gatomon replied. "Time for some shuteye."

~~7:34 A.M. that day~~

"What's wrong with me?" wondered Kari. She hadn't slept since the dream. "Snap out of it, Kari. The Dark Ocean doesn't want you back. If it did then I'd feel..." A hand touched her shoulder. "EEK!"

"Whoa, sorry about that, Kari," said the dirty blonde haired boy. "Didn't mean to scare you there."

"TK!" She blushed a slight pink. "It was my fault. I'm sorry."

TK was Kari's best friend since they were eight. He had short dirty blond hair, and blue eyes, and always seemed to wear a hat.

"Kari, we've known each other for a long time," said TK. "I'm sensing something wrong with you."

"It's nothing," sighed Kari. "Just..."

"Kari, there's nothing you can't tell me. You know that. When have I not listened to you?"

Kari thought about this. She had experienced something like this before, and TK showed great concern for her then also. She had always liked that quality about him.

"It's...nothing..."

"Kari, I can tell there's something," smiled TK. "But if you don't want to, I won't force you. Let's just get to class."

The school day was going fine...until last period. TK was busy taking notes, when he glanced at his best friend sitting next to him. "Kari? What's wrong?"

"Nothing TK," she replied.

"I'm not that dense Kari," he retorted. "I've seen you like this once before. It's the dark ocean, isn't it?"

"No TK..."

"Kari, I'm not going to sit around waiting for that weird dimension to swallow you up again!"