Chapter 17 - Love Drugged...

Author's PoV

Taking a sip from his champagne glass, he maintained his burning gaze on the young couple dazzling on the dance floor.
"Mr Daniel Henney! How are you?"
Someone with a crackled voice distracted his attention and made him turn his head.
Daniel: "Ah Mr Yin! I'm very well, thank you. How are you?" He greeted him with his usual charming smile.
Mr Yin: "I am doing fine"
Daniel: "That's good".
Mr Yin: "well, How's your business? I heard that young V has been getting in your way recently." He sat down next Daniel with his glass.
Daniel chuckled.
Daniel: "Although you are retired, you are still keeping yourself updated Mr Yin"
Mr Yin: "well, I like some gossip, you know." He winked at Daniel with a subdued laughter.
Daniel: "He definitely has bothered me in recent times Mr Yin, I underestimated him. But not for long. Don't you worry." He smirked looking in the direction of Taehyung.
Mr Yin: "Aaah! I can tell, a fine young man he is! Definitely not a softie like his father. I see no weakness in him!". He said confidently looking at Taehyung on the dance floor.
Mr Yin's words made Daniel frown at the couple.
He fixed his gaze on them solidly and spoke.
Daniel: "Really Mr Yin? Are you sure you see no weakness in him?"
Mr Yin: "Oh! What do you mean? you notice something?"
Daniel: "Of course! Look at him again Mr Yin, very carefully..."
Mr Yin looked towards the dance floor and turned his head again to Daniel in confusion expecting an answer.
Daniel: "The girl in red..Mr Yin...She is his weakness. Look at the poor boy, lost in love. So lost, that he's not even in control of himself anymore. "
He snickered.
Mr Yin: "Aaah young love! He deserves it..." he said admiringly.
Daniel: "How can I let him have what he deserves Mr Yin? when he snatches away everything that was mine?! My limelight, my business, my pride...Isn't it so unfair!?"
Daniel hissed with hate as his eyes burnt with jealousy.

Mr Yin: "Oh Daniel! Don't anger yourself over these things! Revenge doesn't fix anything, in fact, it makes things worse." He uttered his wise words to him.
Daniel: "I am not taking revenge, I'm just interested in finding out how much she means to him"
Mr Yin: "She's probably just a girl he chose to dance with for the night" He shrugged casually.
Daniel: "Hmmm..well...Let's put him to the test, shall we?"
With wicked smirk, he placed his empty glass on the table and got up adjusting his bow tie, looking towards Taehyung and Y/n.

Y/n closed her eyes in embarrassment as his lips weren't gonna release hers anytime soon. He guided her hands from his shoulders to wrap around his waist. His arms then wrapped around her body as he kept his eyes closed and focused. He was a little gentle with his kiss and she was able to pull away to catch a breath. But he kept his hands around her and with a smile, he snuggled his face into her soft curls on the side of her neck.

Daniel: "Hello there! May I have the honour to dance with this beautiful young lady?"
Daniel politely requested.

Taehyung recognised the voice and immediately detached himself from y/n, before She even lifted her head to look who it was. He glared at Daniel tilting his head and gently pushed her behind himself in a protective manner. She was slightly surprised to see him act in that way and just stood still with gratitude for the distraction.

Tae: "Mr Henney, what do you want?" He was angry already, and spoke clenching his teeth.
Daniel: "Oh V! It's nice to see you. I am sorry I didn't realise. I was distracted by this very beautiful lady gracing the dance floor".
He leaned to his side and looked at
y/n with a smile.
Taehyung didn't like his reply or his behaviour at all and closed in on him intimidatingly. He placed his hand on his chest and stopped him.
Tae: "Get your eyes off her Daniel! Or you will walk out of here blind!"
He snarled at him in his deep voice.
Daniel: "Woah! Calm down V!"
Daniel snickered.
Daniel: "I was only gonna ask her to dance with me for few minutes. It's not like I was trying to take her away from you...FOREVER".
He smirked at him looking in the eye.